Chapter 6

I own none of the characters except for Rocket

Ratchet radioed over to the lab for Perceptor to come to the med bay. “Yes, Ratchet, what seems to be the problem”, Perceptor said sitting down on the berth next to Rocket. “Well if my scans are correct, it seems Rocket is sparked”, said Ratchet. Perceptor looked bewildered. He looked at Rocket then looked at Ratchet and then back at Rocket. “How could this be possible?”, he asked. Then he remembered. Last night he might have had one too many high grade energon cubes. “Well if she is sparked, I will take full responsibilty”, he said curteously. He held out his servo to Rocket who took it and got up. She walked gingerly out of Ratchet’s exam room. She hadn’t said anything since Perceptor arrived. ‘Oh, what he must think of me now”, she thought putting her servo over her spark chamber. “Rocket, hold on a moment”, Perceptor called after her. “I just would like to inform you that everything will be okay”, he said cautiously. “I promise to take care of both of you”, he continued. “But I have to warn you that I am not very good with sparklings”.

Some cycles later after preparing for the arrival of a little one, Rocket sat back in Ratchet’s exam room preparing to welcome her little sparkling in the world. They found out it would be another femme. Ratchet prepared everything he needed and got to work. Perceptor stood next to her holding one of her servos. To be truthful, he was a little anxious about what was to happen next. After the sparkling came what was he to do? He went through the data base to find any information that he could find but nothing really helped. Perceptor was so entrapped in his banks of data that he didn’t hear the small cries right away. He peered up and Rocket was sitting up with something in her hands. She leaned down to show him what she was holding. It was a little sparkling. She was tiny and had the same color scheme as him. She was looked up at Perceptor with her bright blue optics. His spark melted a bit. He guessed that was his fatherly instincts kicking in. Rocket held her out for him to hold. He took her gently and she curled up closely to him closing her optics for a little rest. “Gee Perceptor, I guess you’re not that bad with sparklings”.