Chapter 4

I own none of the characters except for Rocket

The next morning Rocket and Perceptor went down to deliver Ironhide’s new gun. It was a pretty big gun so it would take the 2 of them to deliver it. Rocket took the front end and Perceptor picked it up from the back. They made it out of Perceptor’s lab and onto the road. Ironhide was stationed outside of Iacon leading security. They took precautionary measures to make sure the gun didn’t go off in the middle of the road. Finally, they reached Ironhide’s station. He greeted them and went to get his gun. He took it from them with ease and tried testing it out. “Here let me show you”, said Perceptor stepping in front of the gun. However, he didnt need to show him. Ironhide figured it out for himself. Unfortunately, Perceptor was in its line of fire. The blast hit his microscope and pushed him back a few 100 feet. He skid across the ground and landed at the edge of the road. Rocket hurrried over to him to make sure he was alright. She scanned his systems. “Vital Processors functioning properly, but it seems that your microscope is completely shot”, she said going over her analysis. “If we can get you back to the lab, I can patch it right back up”. She offered a servo and he took it. “Well, thanks Perceptor, and sorry for that”, Ironhide said patting him on the back. “It is quite alright”, he said graciously. “Now then Rocket, we shall be off now”.

Back at the lab, Rocket had Perceptor leave his microscope in the med bay. He sat on the other berth and watched her work. Her hands moved slowly, fixing the broken glass on the scope. She reconnected wires and patched up the cracks and holes. He found himself growing more enchanted with her as he watched her work. He was so mesmerized by her, that he hadn’t heard her finish. “Here”, she said putting the microscope back into place on his shoulder. His circuits sparked feeling her touch on his shoulder. “Thank you”, he said as she finished and stepped back to admire her handy work. She nodded and began walking towards the door until he called to her. “Rocket, may I confess something to you?”, he asked getting off the berth. He stepped closer to her until they were a few inches apart. “Sure”, she said looking up at him. “I must say that I have taken quite an interest in you over the past few weeks and I was wondering if you may feel the same way I do”, he stumbled out. A delicate smile formed on her face. She took his face in her hands and kissed his cheek. His spark did a backflip. “Of course, I do Perceptor”, she replied. “I always have and always will”.