Chapter 3

I own none of the characters except for Rocket

Rocket walked back to Perceptor’s lab quietly. She slipped in and headed for her room. She was stopped by Perceptor. He was in the main room working on Jazz’s upgrades. He was sitting on a berth as Perceptor tuned up his speakers. Jazz waved a servo at her. She smiled and waved back. “Is there anything you need me to do?”, she asked. “Actually, could you finish re organizing my office”, said Perceptor. Rocket nodded and headed for his office. It looked like he had started organizing his desk but didn't finished. She moved the data pads and blueprints and put them in piles. Curiously, she picked up one of the pads. It didn't have his usual scientific jargon. It had notes about his life. She read from the beginning. The notes talked about how lonely the life of a scientist was. Her spark ached for him. Then she came to where she entered the picture. What she read surprised her. By the looks of what he wrote, it seemed he had taken quite an interest in her. She smiled to herself. Suddenly, the door open and Perceptor walked him. He put his supply box down on the floor and looked up at her. He saw her reading one of his notepads. She quickly put it down and continued working. Rocket finished re arranging his office and excused herself to her room. Perceptor sat down at his desk and picked up the note pad she was reading. It was his journal. It was turned to the page he had written the day she came. It read; ‘I have a new intern. Her designation is Rocket. She seems quiet yet willing to work. It may seem, I have taken quite an interest in her’. He put the pad down and sat back. If she had read that part in his journal, she must know how he feels about her. Perceptor never knew how to express his feelings. He always focused on science and the like. He had never learned anything about emotions or better yet anything about femmes. He sighed. She probably would never feel the same way about him.

Rocket sat down on the berth in her room. ‘I guess he does like me’, she thought to herself happily. She also thought back to what Ratchet had told her, “It won’t kill you, I promise”. She made up her mind. First thing tomorrow, she was going to tell Perceptor just how she felt about him.