Chapter 18

Brandy sat on Perceptor's shoulder as he went on and on about her listening to him and staying at base. Rocket was in the medical bay with Ratchet who was patching her up. The blow that Starscream had given was substantial but it wouldn't be fatal. "You could have gotten yourself hurt. Or worse, you could have ended up with the Decepticons. I am thoroughly disappointed in you. From now on, you are not to leave this base unless you have permission from both me and your mother. Is that clear?", he said firmly. "Crystal", she said trying not to roll her eyes. "And no sass young lady", he said placing on his table. Just then, his door slid open again. Rocket was walking normally and looked perfectly fine. "Mom!", Brandy said excitedly. She picked the small girl up and snuggled her to her faceplates. "Hello my little one. Are you alright?", she asked with a smile. "Yes mom", she answered. "Well you and I need to have a chat", she said heading for the door. "Lets go for a fly." "But dear, I just told her she couldn't leave the base", Perceptor said bewildered. "And she's leaving now", Rocket said ignoring him. "Under my supervision." With that, she exited his lab and headed for the launchpad. "If I hadn't told you before", Brandy said up to Rocket. "You're my favorite."

"So what do you want to talk about mom?", Brandy asked as she munched on the food that Bumblebee and his charge picked up for her. "Well dear, I just really wanted to spend some time with you. You've been cooped up in the base and I've been out and about so we haven't had much bonding time. I thought we could get some in now", she said turning back towards the silo. "Well I've been wanting to spend more time with you", Brandy said. "It's weird to think that my parents are two robots from outer space and I was once one too." Brandy looked out of the window at the desert below them. "What was I like mom?", she asked. "You were a sweet sparkling. You liked to watch Perceptor work and you liked going for flights with me. We didn't have much time with you but it was the most wonderful time I've ever had." Brandy couldn't help but smile. "Do you think I could ever go back to my original body?", she asked curiously. "Hm that's a question for Perceptor. I have no idea but lets go ask."

"Absolutely Not", he said promptly. "The process is much too painful and intricate and I'm not letting her go through it", he said to Rocket. "But Perceptor, she really wants to. We could get our little sparkling back", Rocket said with a hint of hope he'd ease up. He did not. "No dear. And that is all I have to say on the matter." He sat back at his desk and went to work on the project he was working on. Defeated, Rocket held a disappointed Brandy in her servo as they entered the main hanger. "Has he always been that stubborn?", Brandy asked. Rocket just rolled her optics. "You have no idea."