You Don't Belong In My World

A/N: This story is a crossover with The Saturdays and Fifth Harmony. Frankie and Lauren are cousins and Camila and Mollie are step-sisters. Enjoy the twists of turns of the lives when the four girls try to incorporate each other into their messed up worlds.

A cigarette dangled from her lips as she stared out at the sky, the sound of loud voices catching her attention for a brief moment as she pinched the cigarette between her forefinger and thumb and flicked it away, the light bouncing for a moment before finally going out as she the brunette blew out a few ringlits and watched them dance through the air before vanishing into the cold winter air; a slow frown slid across her mouth as she leaned her head back, staring up at the moon.

The sound of footsteps caught her attention and she glanced over with a frown and a shake of her head, moving forward to intercept the form as she slammed her hand against the figure’s chest, the person gasping before green eyes met brown that slowly narrowed with slight anger. The girl eyed girl winced awkwardly and forced a smile onto her lips, opening her mouth to spit out excuses only to be hushed as a hand was raised in her face.

“Don’t bother, Lauren. Where in the hell have you been?” The brunette growled as she stared at the green eyed girl who shrugged, her head turning to stare out at the empty street and the taller brunette growled before cupping Lauren’s face and forcing eye contact. “How many times do I have to tell you to call me or text me if you’re going to be late like this? I’ve been worried sick about you.”

“Calm down, Frankie. I was just hanging out with Ally and Dinah, we were over at Drew’s. I was drunk so I waited till I was a bit sober to stumble my way back over to this hell hole.” Lauren spat as she broke free from Frankie’s grasp on her face, reaching up to rub at her now aching cheeks. “You act like you’re my mother or something. I get that I’m your burden now, but you don’t need to get all protective over every little thing I do. I know how to survive.”

Frankie pinched the bridge of her nose and observed the young girl, “You know I always worry about you, Laur. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to jump all over you like that but when I got back and you weren’t home I got a little bit scared. We don’t live in the best part of town, and I wouldn’t put it past any of these dumb fucks to decide one day that their going to kidnap you.”

Lauren rolled her eyes and playfully shoved Frankie before the older brunette chuckled under her breath and threw her arm around the girl’s shoulders, tugging her into the apartment building that reeked of smoke and alcohol. Frankie and Lauren had been living in the building for a little over three years, it had been the only place they could afford and even with them both working two jobs they still struggled to pay the rent every month.

Frankie Sandford and Lauren Jauregui were cousins who found themselves both being abandoned by their parents for two completely different reasons, for Frankie she had been separated from her parents when they had tragically died when she was fifteen, and for Lauren the Jauregui parents had decided one night to just not return home and Lauren found herself taking comfort in the arms of her older cousin who didn’t hesitate to take her in.

Their three year age gap did nothing to detour their relationship, and everyone in their school knew not to mess with them. They were the “two screw ups” as their peers loved to sweetly call them, and while Frankie snapped her way through her senior year, Lauren found herself struggling to just get through a single day during her lonely sophomore year; they had their little group of friends, but Lauren wanted so much more with her life.

“Did you ditch work again today?” Frankie questioned as the two stripped from their clothing, grabbing their pajamas and she noticed Lauren wince slightly before shrugging causing her to release a sigh of anger. “Babe, I know it’s hard to have a social life while we work but we need the money. I guess I’ll pick up another shift at the diner, but I won’t keep covering your ass whenever you decide that you’d rather go to a party and be stupid.”