Chapter 16

I couldn't decide what I wanted to do...so I did both! :)

Una Healey had always been totally content with her perfect, little life. From the moment she had been born she had been stuck with a silver spoon in her mouth, the redhead had never found her wants to go on unfulfilled.

Her parents had showered her in gifts and affections, and being an only child made it much easier to keep her parents attention; the only thing she resented was the way they pushed her, making sure she was always the best.

From a young age she had particpated in everything that her parents though would better her in the future; from piano to ballet to a brief stint at horse back riding to student council and finally her dedicated career to swimming.

When high school had hit and she had become friends with the two most popular girls in school, along with a new title she also gained a slight following from peers who feared her and a boy who trailed her with his tongue lulling from his mouth.

Ben Foden had never once hid his adoration towards Una, he was always there to compliment her or offer to be her arm candy for one of her parents functions or a random school dance she was forced to attend to keep her social rank steady.

And eventually she had allowed herself to sink into the familiarity of it all; Ben had never even officially asked her to be his girlfriend, the school assumed they were together so she played her role perfectly by standing by his side.

But now, as Una sat across from her boyfriend, his brow furrowed as he replayed the words she had just spoken to him, words that filtered into his eardrums and settled into his brain as he tried to understand them.

"You like...someone else?" Ben repeated as he finally lifted his head to look at her, cocking his head to the side as he stared at her. "And you're telling me that you're breaking up with me to be with them?"

"Ben, I couldn't keep lying about this, about my feelings." Una sighed as she ducked her head, drawing her lower lip into her mouth. "I really hurt them by continuing my relationship with you, and it isn't right to do that to them."

"What the hell, Una? It isn't right to them? What about me?" Ben scoffed as he threw his hands up, banging them hard against the hardwood table a moment later causing her to flinch. "I'm your boyfriend, remember?"

"How could I ever forget? You remind me almost every day, Ben." Una hissed as she narrowed her blue eyes at the boy watching him stiffen in his seat as his jaw clinched. "You never let me have a say in anything, Ben."

"So you go off and find someone who will allow you to have a say?" Ben guessed as he shook his head watching as Una sighed heavily and leaned back in her chair, lazily crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm so glad you find this to be easy for you."

"Ben, you never even offically asked me to be your girlfriend," Una reminded him with a frown watching as he perked an eyebrow as if to ask her to continue. "I just...you were never what I wanted, you were just what was expected of me."

"I thought you were happy, I thought we were happy." Ben replied as he gestured between the two of them. "I thought everything was going okay and that you were just worried about university next year, I never even considered you'd cheat on me."

"I never planned to." Una assured him, her voice softening as she unfolded her arms and reached out to take his hand in her own. "Please don't be mad, Ben. We always agreed that our relationship was built on honesty, and I'm being honest with you."

"My girlfriend is telling me that she wants to break up because she had a thing for somebody else? Yeah, I'll try not to get too angry." Ben sneered as he jerked his hand away from Una's flashing her a quick scowl.