Chapter 5

A/N: So sorry it took me so long to post a new chapter >.<

Slight trigger warning for this chapter, and for the ones that follow. There will be talk of cutting/depression/attempted suicide.

"Mollie."

The blonde looked up from her homework and her eyebrows dipped in concern as she scrambled off the bed to gather her younger sister in her arms, Camila instantly going limp in her arms as she began to sob. Mollie pressed her lips to the top of Camila's head, attempting to soothe the girl as she whispered soft words into her ear and allowed the fifteen-year-old to cry away everything she was feeling.

"Hey, little bug, what's wrong?" Mollie demanded as she dragged Camila over to her bed, forcing the younger girl to sit down before plopping down beside her and brushing a hand over her face in comfort. "Mila, talk to me."

"I'm a terrible person, Mollie. I'm horrible!" Camila sobbed as she buried her face in her hands, shaking her head in disgust. "I threw her aside like she was nothing because I knew she didn't have any money, I turned my back on her because she didn't fit in with the world I lived in."

"Whoa, sis, calm down and tell me who you're talking about." Mollie ordered as she tucked a strand of Camila's hair behind her ear, reaching up to thumb away a tear that was slowly falling down the younger girl's face.

"Lauren."

Mollie froze as her hand stilled on the brunette's face before her brow furrowed and she cleared her throat in order to avoid jumping to conclusions as she furrowed her brow, "What did you do to Lauren, Camila?"

"That's just it, I didn't do anything." Camila whispered as she finally found the strength to calm down, sniffling lightly as she fiddled with her fingers. "Lauren and I were best friends, inseparable, but the second I found out that she couldn't afford certain things everyone started saying she was trash. Like Frankie."

"Frankie's not trash, Camila." Mollie grumbled as she shook her head, drawing her hands away from comforting her little sister. "I'm disappointed in you, Camila. You told me that she ended your friendship, that she didn't want to be friends with you because of how everyone treated Frankie. You lied to me."

"What was I supposed to say, Mollie?" Camila scoffed as she stood from the bed, pacing the length of the room with a scowl. "How was I supposed to tell my saint of a sister that I ditched someone because they were poor? I'm already living in your shadow, I didn't need another reason for everyone to hate me."

"Living in my shadow?" Mollie repeated in a slow tone, her brow furrowing. "Is that what you think? That you just live in my shadow? You think everything about me is perfect? Wow, nice to know how you view me."

"I view you like that because it's true!" Camila exclaimed, the years of silent resentment finally exploding. "You are the perfect daughter, the perfect friend, the perfect sister and I'm just me. I'm awkward and no one listens to me the way they listen to you, the way they fear you."

"People don't fear me, Camila."

"Yeah, Mollie, they do." Camila argued as she shook her head, pinching the bridge of her nose as she exhaled loudly. "Everything is so screwed up, and for the first time I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to make this all better."

"First you need to just relax, take a deep breathe." Mollie ordered as she stood from her bed and approached her younger sister, setting her hands on the brunette's shoulders and shaking her lightly to force eye contact. "You need to calm down and just stop worrying about everything, stop thinking about it."