CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10
JACE'S POV

On the drive home I couldn't help but think about Alice's reaction to my hug. She completely froze and I felt her stop breathing. I didn't understand. Most girls liked hugs, didn't they? It wasn't an overpowering hug, I didn't think.

I know I was good looking but I wasn't one of those boys who would go and hook up with any girl who looked interested and just wanted a good shag. I believed in respecting women. I also wanted something deeper than just a skin deep attraction; only seeing what was on the outside.

Maybe that's why Alice caught my attention.

When we first bumped into each other she didn't look at me with anything but grey blank eyes. From there on when we sat at lunch or in class or when she come over, she doesn't try anything. Doesn't look at me like I'm a piece of meat, she doesn't look like she's scared of me. Hell, she doesn't look at me like I'm anything. I've come to realise she doesn't show much emotion. She's always got a blank face on.

I know I should've pushed her away at the first moment we had together but I couldn't, something about her had intrigued me.

I arrived home not to long after dropping Alice off and noticed an all to familiar white SUV parked in the driveway. I felt my heart start pounding in my chest. I could just drive away now and not return for a few days but deep down I know I needed to go into the house and face what was there.

The house was completely dark except for one light and that light came from the study. Trying to quietly walk past the lightened room I was stopped short.

"Where have you been?" The familiar low voice asked.

Stopping short in my tracks only thing I could do was breathe.

"Answer me boy!" The voice got louder.

"I was out," I replied through my clenched teeth.

"Look at me when you talk to me," he sounded disgusted. "Where are your manners?"

I slowly turned around in the doorway to face him.

Behind the dark wooden desk was the man who I had grown to hate. He looked the same as every time I saw him. Angry. Tightened face with some veins popping out of his forehead, dark hazel eyes much like my own that I hated.

As soon as our eyes met we both knew what exactly was going to happen. It was going to be one hell of a night.

~~~~
Here's another chapter of Jace's POV.
Please let me know what you think of it in the comments!
Don't forget to vote x