Meeting The Family ~ Aaron Rodgers

"Gracie, you really have to relax sweetie, I understand you're nervous, but my family is going to love you." You looked over at your boyfriend Aaron and tried your best to have even a sliver of the confidence in yourself as he had in you. The two of you were currently in the car making the drive to his parents house where you would be meeting them for the first time. You and Aaron had been dating for quite some time now, and he had even met your parents several times already, but everytime he brought up the idea of you meeting his parents you came up with an excuse. It wasn't that you didn't want to meet his family, it was more-so because you were afraid they would misjudge you and think that you only wanted Aaron for his money and status which couldn't be further from the truth. In reality, you never followed football before you and he started dating, as a matter of fact, the first few times he approached you, you didn't even know who he was. You just thought he was a nice, funny guy with great conversation. Suddenly you looked out the window and realized you must have been daydreaming for a while because you were now parked in his parents driveway and Aaron was at your door waiting to help you out of the car. You got extremely nervous all over again which Aaron took note of and leaned down to comfort you. "Gracie everything is going to be fine, my family is going to love you, I promise. And look, if at any point you start to feel uncomfortable, we can leave okay." You nodded your head and let him help you from the car to the doorstep where his mom and dad were already standing and waiting. "Hi I'm Darla and this is my husband Edward, you must be Grace. Aaron has told us so much about you. Come on in and meet the other boys." You smiled and returned the greeting as you followed her into the house where she introduced you to Luke and Jordan.

Majority of the night was spent laughing and joking with Aaron and his brother's, and his mother showing pictures and telling embarrassing stories about when he was growing up. By the time you were ready to leave, you actually felt like a part of their family. You also couldn't help the smile that crossed your face as you heard his parents pull him to the side and say "Aaron we like her, she's a keeper."