Specimen

"Have fun even if its not the same kind of fun everyone else is having."
-C.S. Lewis

SPES
0637
July 11, 2307
Beauregard Residence

"WAIT."

Kuya Eliot and I were both shocked when kuya Elric stopped me from going to Puffind.

"I don't think you should go right now, Spes." Kuya Elric huffed.

"Because they are expecting it?" I asked him.

"Yep." He ushered us back inside before he continued speaking, "I guess you should lay low, Spes."

I look at kuya Eliot's serious face, "They are planning something, aren't they?"

"So, it seems." He shrugged and ruffled my hair, "Why don't you go do your thing, Specimen?"

I grunted, "Stop calling me that. I don't see men that much anymore."

"Why not? There are nice bars here in Silvia, why don't you have fun and leave the worrying to us?" Kuya Elric smiled as if he wasn't the drunk man I took care of last night.

Last night. I remember Aither and his startling blue eyes. Ocean blue eyes. I wanna drown in those. Knock it off, Spes.

I grinned, "Alright. I'll go out tonight, wanna come?"

"And what? Keep all the men at bay all night?" Kuya Elvin said while shaking his head, "I'd rather stay here."

"What? That isn't so bad. You're just protecting your sister, right?" I smiled innocently at them.

"You make it so damn hard protecting you. In case you didn't notice Specimen, almost all the guys want to bang your skirt." Kuya Elric sighed.

"Atleast I don't do anything to harm them." I looked at them innocently.

"You don't? So it was a very timed miracle that the guy you were trying to ditch wrecked the whole bar because you didn't want him to kiss you. How nice." kuya Elvin was talking about the scene that happened in Daurus few months ago.

"That's not my fault. He brought that to himself." I said nonchalantly as I toast some bread.

"Anyway, our only point is they shouldn't feel like you're a threat to all of this." Kuya Eliot said.

"Fine, fine. I'll go." I groaned.

"Be a good girl, Specimen."

I pouted at that endearment. My brothers came up with that when my body age turn to twenty (that is about fifty or sixty years ago, I dunno.) Everytime we hang in a bar I'd get free drinks, get invited to VIP sections, get to escape the long lines outside the clubs. Because I see men. I see those who'll bring me trouble, those who'll make effort just for me, those who won't bother looking at me, those who'll salivate at my feet just to get inside my panties (I honestly steer clear away from those.)

It's a survival technique.

"Go to school, alright?" Kuya Elric commanded when he saw what I was wearing when I walked out our room.

I was wearing a white sleeveless top that exposes my midriff. I love cropped tops.

Besides, the uniform includes a blazer so I'm really not exposing too much skin here. And it matches the skirt.

"I will. Bye, big bro." I tapped his bare shoulders before I go out of our house. I took the bus because kuya Elvin has a date later tonight and he'll need the car to pick up that girl, whoever she is.