Bottom of a Bottle

"Her laughter was a question I want her to ask me my whole life."

AITHER
"DUDE, WAKE UP!"

"Shaaaaat aaappp!" He slurred while still swaying on his feet. Is he still hearing the music at the bar earlier?

"Bro, where's your keys? Elric, we're home! Wake the hell up!" I shook his shoulders trying to wake at least one percent of his sanity. If he has that.

Will Elric get mad if I wrecked his door?

I really had no idea if Elric lives with someone. This douche here is my drinking buddy when he was still in Silvia and now that he's back we decided to have some happy hour. But to be honest, I have no idea if he has a family. All I know is that he doesn't like joining packs. Whenever we catch up over drinks he only talks about one girl for ages.

I was preparing to destroy his front door when it swung open.

"Spes!" I exclaimed.

Is she the girl Elric was always talking about? If so, why is he still heartbroken? Did they had a fight? I honestly hoped that Spes hasn't found her mate yet.

Spes is an amazing girl and I want to be close to her. I just thought that if she already had a mate that would complicate things.

And that was the moment my very adorable drinking buddy chose to pass out in my arms. Of course, I had no choice but to catch him.

Spes' fits of giggles cut through my dilemma. We must look ridiculous right now and I don't mind looking like this if it meant her genuine sound of happiness.

Her laughter was a question I want her to ask me my whole life.

However, if Elric was her mate...

"A little help?" I smiled.

"Just leave him there." She shrugged .

"What?" I retorted with an incredulous look on my face because it seemed that Elric was not as important as her mate. I don't know, why the heck am I thinking about this.

Must be the drugs we mixed on our drinks earlier.

"Just leave him there." She said again and went in. When she came back she was holding a pitcher of water.

"Stay back." She warned before I saw her splash Elric right in the face.

Elric immediately got to his feet and attack the air blindly. For a minute,Spes and I just stared at him. Then he stopped and looked at her, "What happened?"

"You were drunk." She replied calmly.

"I know. Why are you awake and why am I still outside?" Elric muttered with frustration.

Spes rolled her eyes heavenwards and said, "You lost your keys."

He glanced down at his body, "Why am I wet?"

"I woke you with water." Spes retorted with a defiant raise of her chin like she was daring him to fight back.

"Fine, fine. Thank you" Elric grumbled, "Hey Aither would you like coffee?"

I look at Spes and it seemed that she's really tired and she just want to sleep the remaining hours off. As much as I want to spend time with her, she needs to rest.

"No, I'm good. I'll be going." I expected her to nod and close the door but she didn't.

"I insist. Atleast have some coffee." She smiled.

I don't know why I am losing my mind with just her smile and laughter. Maybe I already slipped out of sanity.

I nod and went inside their house. She gestured me to sit on one of the chairs in the dining table. I noticed that there's only one room, they sleep together?