Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Mama! Mama! Look! Grandpa Third gave me my headband!" I said as I held out the shiny headband to my mother, who wasn't a ninja, receiving a smile in return and a pat on my head. "I'm a ninja now! Grandpa Third said I'm the youngest ninja ever, but he believes in me, Mama!"

She shook her head, giving a small chuckle, "Your father raised you well, F/N. You're definitely the youngest ninja...five years old and doing so much better than your Mama."

I frowned, "It's not like that Mama!" I walked to the couch and grabbed my weapons pouch. "Did you hear who my Sensei is? It's Shikaku-Sensei! Lord Third put Shikaku-Sensei in charge of my team. I'm so much younger than my teammates though...but Itachi-Kun is one and so is Anko-Chan!"

"I-Itachi-Kun? Shikaku sure does have youngsters on his team...tell him I wish him luck." Mama chuckled lightly and looked towards the clock. "It's about time to start dinner, go put your stuff in your room then wash up. I'm gonna start dinner." She got up and left me in the living room alone.

----

"C'mon Anko-Chan! Sensei doesn't want us slacking on this mission." I watched my eldest teammate eat her dango slowly.

A voice came from the transmitter, "F/N, Anko, I've got the target in sight, he's coming towards you." Itachi was as calm as ever, I knew he was watching the rogue ninja walking towards us.

"Anko-Chan!" I hissed quietly and got ready to attack, biting my thumb to summon in the next minute. "Now!" I whispered, just loud enough for it to go through the transmitter as I summoned my ninja dog and watched him bite into the rogue ninja's leg, giving me time to jump into the air and hit him with my Ice Style senbon needles. "Ice Style: Senbon Jutsu!" I said as the air around us chilled and they penetrated his skin right at five major chakra points.

He groaned in pain and fell to the ground, my part was over, it was up to Anko to restrain him until Shikaku-Sensei was here with police. Only Anko didn't do her job, instead I heard a sigh as she tossed her dango stick aside. "Anko-Chan! Restrain him before Mizu disappears!" She sighed again and slowly did hand signs. Too slow. My dog disappeared and I had to tackle him. Since I was eight, it didn't make much of a difference. He easily grabbed my wrist and threw me into a tree.

"Little bitch...that hurt." He picked up a kunai that fell from my pouch when I tackled him. He pushed it to my throat and chuckled. "Who's gonna save you now, kid?" There was a thud before he went weak and fell. My eyes were wide and I stared at Itachi who managed to sneak up being the ninja and knock him out with a genjutsu.

"Thank you...Itachi-Kun." I panted and looked at Anko.

Itachi shook his head, "No need to thank me...if someone had done their job, you wouldn't have needed saving." He glared at Anko. "When you do that, you put our lives in danger, stop being slow and do what you were told to do." Itachi didn't know it, but Anko was scared. I was probably the only one who noticed since I could read her body language easily.

I put my hand on Itachi's arm, telling him to stop, "It's not her fault..." I gave her a solemn look.

----

I fell to the ground as Anko defeated me. "See, I told you. You can control it." I smiled and got up, she blushed a little but nodded.

"Yeah...I've never been able to suppress it as a child so it was a little scary to use His power...thank you, F/N."

"No problem Anko! Let's go get our new mission. Lord Third wants to give you and me a dual mission since Itachi is an Anbu now. He's showing us up, since we are still Chunin." I pouted slightly and heard laughing.

I turned my head and blushed. "Well, I would say becoming a Chunin at eight is much more impressive than me. F/N, Lord Third wants you and Anko at his office, it's your mission."

Anko nodded just as I did before heading off with me. "You think the ranking on it changed and he's adding a new member?"

"Not sure..." I sighed and looked up. "I have a bad feeling about something..."

"You and your feelings, they are always right..." Anko shivered as we arrived, knocking on the window to enter. Once the Third Hokage motioned for us to come in, he instantly smiled, I could tell it was fake.

"F/N, Anko, your mission has been cancelled. I want you two to relax and go out." He smiled at us again.

I nodded slowly. "Anko, go ahead and I'll meet you at the onsen." She left and I looked at the Hokage. "Grandpa Third, tell me what is really going on."

"Curse that gift of yours..." He sighed and nodded. "Itachi has been ordered to kill his clan."

My eyes widened. "Wh-What are you saying?" I teared up, "You can't do that! He'll be seen as a rogue ninja! Grandpa Third, please don't!"

"F/N, I understand he takes care of you a lot, but he has accepted it on the condition that his brother is safe and kept unaware of this. F/N, you're still nine, there's time for you to make a bond with Sasuke before this happens, be there for him like Itachi was for you."

I looked down, "Is this a mission?"

"Yes."

I slowly looked up and nodded. "This is a mission I will not fail! I will care for him in Itachi's place." I smiled softly and looked out the window. This was going to be a hard mission.