Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sasuke stared at the water once again. After just becoming a Genin, I knew he felt he was much, much closer to his goal. Deep in my heart I wanted to tell him, but I also knew it was my mission to keep it a secret. "Sasuke, it's time for you to train with your team..." I put a hand on his shoulder and he nudged it off.

"I know. You don't need to tell me like I'm a child!" He got up and pushed past me. "You're not my mom, you're not even family, so go away!"

I looked down, it hurt my feelings that he said such a thing, Itachi was like a brother to me, I knew how he felt. I was the same when my mom died, but Itachi helped me. Within seconds Sasuke was gone from my vision, "Itachi...I'm so sorry I'm failing you..." I slowly began to follow Sasuke.

He was twelve and I was now fourteen.

It was a rough time.

Sasuke has abandoned every feeling but hate.

It pained me more than my own mother's death.

"F/N, pleasure to see you." Kakashi smiled as I approached their team. It often reminded me of how I was with my own, Naruto was me, Sakura was Itachi, and Sasuke was Anko.

----

"Lady Fifth, how can I be of service?" I said as I walked into her office. It had only been two months since Naruto got back. He came back from saving the Kazekage and had heard about Asuma. "Is it about Naruto?"

She shook her head and handed me a scroll. "A mission. You're to go to every village on this list and return the weapons we collected from a rogue ninja. We have stored them in a scroll marked with each village." Tsunade laid them on her desk. "I trust you can do this alone since it is a delivery?"

"Yes ma'am, I can do this alone." I bowed and collected the scrolls before looking up at her. "If I may ask...when should I leave?"

"Tomorrow. Please. I'm sorry it's so sudden, but we know the Akatsuki is on the move." She sighed, "It pains me to know that they are coming for Naruto..."

I nodded once more and left, going to my house to pack up. "Sasuke...where are you?"

The next morning I was at the gates, taking a deep breath before heading out. My heart was pounding and I didn't know why. For once I didn't have a specific feeling about this mission.

----

I was at my last destination, the Village Hidden in the Sand. I was walking around, I looked like an intruder. Of course, I didn't really notice I looked like an intruder until sand began to go whirl around me. "What...?" I looked around and gasped once I was lifted into the air with sand around my waist. My ninjutsu was rendered useless due to the heat. Unlike Haku, my Ice Style wasn't as heat resistant as his.

"Who the hell are you?" A very monotone voice spoke, but it had a little anger in it.

I looked around and spotted a very familiar but different hat. "K-Kazek-kage-Sama!" I gasped and smiled softly. "I'm from the Village Hidden in the Leaves, Hokage-Sama sent me to deliver weapons that were stolen from you."

He looked at me with suspicious turquoise eyes, "Temari, why was I not told of this?"

"W-Well you see..." She chuckled nervously, "It's because you're still recovering a little and Kankuro and I thought we could handle it."

"Temari? Why does that sound familiar?" I asked as I was slowly lowered to the ground. "I swear, I think I know you."

"Oh, I'm in the Leaf a lot as the Kazekage's little runner. I'm his older sister, Temari." She bowed slightly, I was admiring her fan. Temari followed my gaze and chuckled. "My three-star fan? It's something made mostly in this area, since most people here use Wind Style."

"Makes sense..." I nodded then turned to the Kazekage, handing him the scroll. "Your weapons, Kazekage-Sama. Is there perhaps a place I could stay for the night? I am sad to say I was attacked on my way here so I used quite a bit of chakra, but I'm fine."

The redhead sighed. "I suppose you could stay with Temari, but that is her choice." I looked at Temari who nodded. "It's settled. I'll take these hastily to the armoury, Temari will show you around."

"Fine. Follow me." Temari closed her fan and began to walk. I glanced back at the Kazekage as I went after Temari. Oh how I regretted not asking him to show me around. I don't know if it was his hair or eyes, but something about him was entrancing. "F/N? Hey, wake up. We're at my house. I share it with my other younger brother, Kankuro. I apologise in advance for anything and everything he says."

My head tilted in confusion, "Huh? Why do you apologise? And where does Kazekage-Sama stay? Surely not at the office. Even Hokage-Sama goes to her house."

"Well, he lives here, but he mainly stays in the office. I suppose you could use his room since it's not been touched for a few weeks. I had Kankuro wash the sheets a few days ago." Temari walked into the house and removed her sandals, walking to a door and walking in, setting her fan down before walking back out. "That's my room, if you need anything, come knock. As for the other rooms, let me give you a tour."

"I'd be delighted. It's a lovely home, Temari-San." I smiled and looked around, seeing a door that was cracked open. "What's that?"

She followed my gaze and groaned, stomping over to the door and slamming it open, "How many times do I have to tell you to close your door completely?!"

"What the hell Temari?! I'm working here!" A teen stood up in a loose tee and boxers, "Learn to knock!" I peeked in and looked around, amazed by all the puppets. He looked at me, "Who the hell is that?"

"O-Oh! Sorry, I'm F/N, the messenger from the Leaf. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, I'm staying here for a few days to recover chakra and heal a bit." I bowed and he sighed.

"Where is she staying? I have the guest room filled with puppets." The boy went back to working, gently shaving down the wooden puppets to form joints. It was quite beautiful to watch.

Temari grabbed his ear, "Don't you think you should introduce yourself?" She hissed slightly as he groaned. "Fine, I'll do it for you. This is my younger brother and Gaara's older brother, Kankuro. He is a puppet master, as you can see, and is extremely perverted."

"Gaara?" I smiled softly, "So that's Kazekage-Sama's name! I didn't catch it early." Everything about Kankuro was pushed to the back of my head. "That's a nice name...so where am I staying?"

"Oh, yeah. Follow me." She walked out and I closed the door behind us, following her steps and looking around. The house was fairly plain and the windows were covered with panes for sandstorms. However, it was decorated nicely and was very spacey. Temari opened a door, "Here's the bathroom, in case you need to bathe, you can use the one in my room, I don't trust Kankuro." She shook her head and walked a few steps until she got to a door, opening it to reveal a fairly large room. There was a desk with a few stacks of papers on it and ninja tools on the dresser. "This is Gaara's room, I won't tell him if you call him Gaara when he's not around. Make yourself comfy, just don't rummage through his stuff, he's very particular."

"Y-Yes ma'am." I nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed, continuing to look. There was a fairly big window and a nice bath connected to the room. "I should be fine to use it if I just lock the door and keep an eye out...maybe tomorrow." I slowly laid down and closed my eyes. Although it was only dusk, a lot of my energy was used during the fight.