Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I woke up, remembering everything from last night. At least this time the sun was out when I opened my eyes. As I sat up, I feel a resistance on the sheets. Turning my head, I saw Gaara asleep on top of the covers. "So much for never sleeping, Gaara." I got up, grabbing the bra from under the bed and carefully putting it on without taking off my shirt. Everyday I woke up, I was a mess. I sighed and looked at my picture of my former team that was in my travel bag. "I wish I could've done more, Itachi. I'm useless. I couldn't protect you...or Sasuke." I got up and went to the bathroom, cleaning myself up a little.

Not a day went by where I didn't think about what I could've done differently. How I should've taken Itachi's place so Sasuke could grow up with someone he truly loved. I went back out and started packing my bag, trying not to wake up the sleeping Kazekage. Temari knocked on the door and I opened it, "What's up?"

"You're going back today, right?" Temari frowned a little when I nodded. "He hasn't slept in over a year, you know. Since you've been here, I've seen a change in him. He isn't as fearful of people hating him, or going out in public. But the biggest change was him coming home, and now, falling asleep. Is there any way you could stay longer?"

I sighed, "I really wish I could, but Hokage-Sama needs one of her top Jonin. I really hate to leave. Gaara has been a big help. He's filling a hole in my heart that I've had since that fateful day. You and Kankuro have too, but something about him just reminds me of someone who was very dear to me."

"Oooh, you had a crush?"

"A crush?!" My eyes widened and I shook my head, "I meant my best friend who taught me most of the jutsus I know!"

"Uh-huh, you say so." She smirked and looked at me with devious eyes. "I'll send a bird to the Hokage saying you will be spending a little while here to work on using your fan. She's a reasonable woman, she'll understand."

I blushed a little and nodded, I'd be staying in Gaara's bed for a few more days. "Thank you. I should wash a few of my clothes though, where would I do so?"

"Hm? Oh, the washing machine is down the hall and to the left, just next to Kankuro's room. There might be a load in there already, so just switch it out and put them in the dryer." I nodded and walked down there, she was right, there was a load of laundry in there. It was a bit weird do laundry is someone else's house, especially since the clothes I was switching weren't mine. I sighed and grabbed the last piece of clothing to put into the dryer, my face turned red as I stretched the elastic. Boxers.

More specifically, Gaara's. I saw his name on the label. I just stared, "That Temari...she knew this. And she called Kankuro-San a pervert." I threw them into the dryer, starting that before putting my own in the washer. I walked out and ran towards Temari, "Really?"

"What? Is something wrong?" She smirked and tilted her head towards the red-head in the kitchen.

"You're playing dirty." I pouted and sat on the living room couch.

"Speaking of dirty, are my clothes clean yet?" Gaara spoke to his sister, his hair was messy like always.

I turned red and hid my face. "Ask F/N. She just checked the laundry."

"Dryer...they are in the dryer." I whispered, not letting any part of my face show.

"Thank you, F/N." He said and went back to cooking a little.

"So, did you see anything good, F/N?" Temari plopped next to me and I glared at her from the corner of my eyes. "Oh come on! I worked hard to time that. You can't tell me you didn't like the surprise."

"Temari-San, you can't just make it so I see someone else's clothes without their permission!" I definitely said that louder than intended.

Gaara looked at us, "Permission? But you really didn't need my permission last night."

I quickly looked at him, cherry red, "Do not bring that up. That was embarrassing and a stupid move on my part. Please, just forget what you saw..."

"Why? It's not like anything was wrong with your clothes. In fact, I was surprised they were so modest." He completely ignored Temari's intense watch.

I looked down. Modest. That was the best word he used. But it wasn't what I wanted him to say. "Yeah...modest." I got up and sighed, "I'm going to take a bath..."

After I left, I heard some yelling. It was like Temari was scolding him. I went into the bath and began to clean myself, looking into the water with sadness. Not even ten minutes later, there was a knock on the door. "F/N."

"What do you want, Gaara?" I looked even more sad now, scared as to what he would say.

"Modest doesn't mean I don't like them." My head shot up and my face turned red. "I just didn't expect it. After seeing the stuff Temari buys, I thought most women wore things like that, but I guess not."

I quickly grabbed my towel and wrapped it around myself before opening the door. "I do own some like that, but I don't wear them on missions." I walked past him with a red face, clutching the towel tightly to my chest as I glanced at him. "You have a good taste in boxers, by the way."

The slightest bit of pink rose to his cheeks, both from me being nearly naked in front of him and me complimenting his boxers. "You...really shouldn't just walk out in a towel when I'm in here."

"Why not? You've seen the clothes I have, and I've changed in the same room as you before, just turn around." I felt my heartbeat increase. I wasn't trying to seduce him, just trying to make him realise my feelings and his own.