Chapter 4

Chapter 4

After that very awkward morning, Temari took me around the Sand, stopping in a few shops to restock on shuriken. I was starting at a smaller version of Temari's fan, curious as to how it worked. "You said it enhances Wind Style, right? You think if I made ice senbons, I could throw them forward with a fan?"

Temari turned to me and nodded, "You should be able to. If you want to practice, Gaara's Ultimate Defense would be good."

"K-Kazekage-Sama?! I couldn't! That'd be extremely rude as a Leaf ninja to spar with someone so high up in a different village!" I shook my head and pulled out my wallet, setting the money on the counter as I picked it up. I heard some clanking and looked. Temari had switched out my exact price with a little extra.

"It's on me. Think of it as a thank you gift." She winked and I took my money before stepping out, only to see someone running towards us. "Oh no...what did he do this time?"

I squinted my eyes, "Is that Kankuro-San?" His hat was nearly falling off and he was running as fast as he could, a wave of sand chasing him. I instantly realised what that was and chuckled. "You certainly are siblings."

"What an idiot..." She rubbed her temples and Kankuro hid behind her. "What did you do this time?"

"Nothing! Just hide m-EEEEE!" He was lifted into the air by his foot and his hat fell. I quickly grabbed it and kept chuckling. "G-Gaara! I'm sorry! It was just a prank!"

"A prank...huh?" Gaara glared up at him. "Temari, tell me if this looked like a prank." He held up his gourd, it had a huge crack going down it.

Temari shook her head, "F/N, will you take Gaara's gourd back to house? I can't believe Kankuro broke it..."

"U-Um...what's so wrong with it being cracked, Temari-San?" I tilted my head as Gaara handed it to me, my eyes inspecting it. It was much lighter than I expected.

"The sand in there is infused with my chakra, making it much lighter and easier to manipulate, unlike the village sand. If it's cracked, sand starts to fall out of it and lowers my supply." Gaara spoke calmly, "It makes it dangerous for the village if we were to be under attack since infusing sand with my chakra to make it lighter can take quite a while." I nodded and looked at my fan, but Temari put the gourd back in Gaara's hands. "What are you doing Temari?"

"I forgot F/N got a ninja fan, she has to carry that back to the house, so you can take your gourd." She shrugged and took Kankuro's hat and began dragging him towards the Kazekage's building.

"A ninja fan?" Gaara looked at it.

I nodded and picked it up, "My Kekkei Genkai uses Wind Style, so Temari said I could use this fairly well. It'll take me time to adjust to using it, but it'd make long-range attacks easier for me." My cheeks heated up. "She bought it for me too, I think she wants me to learn to use it."

"I can see why if you have Wind Style, but it takes a lot of strength to use, as do most ninja tools. You can practice with me, since I know how the fan attacks work."

My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head, hugging the fan to my chest. "I-I can't! That's extremely rude, Kazekage-Sama! I'd be attacking you!"

"Only for practice. You aren't attacking me to endanger my village. First we need to fix my gourd, which shouldn't take long. Follow me." He began to walk. I looked shocked but then nodded and followed him, inspecting my fan. The metal was different than Temari's, it was silver instead of chrome or whatever hers is. "You do know how to infuse chakra into a ninja tool, correct?"

"Yes, Kazekage-Sama. I was taught very young by a close friend of mine. He taught me almost everything I know. Chakra control, chakra infusion, how to use my Kekkei Genkai without over-doing it, even how to fight with taijutsu." I smiled, thinking back to the days when I trained with Itachi. I wished I could go back to then and spare him the pain of killing his own. Everything was quiet as we approached the house, neither one of us talking as we went in. While Gaara went back to his room, I went to Temari's, starting a bath. It would take him at least thirty minutes to fix that, which was plenty of time for a quick bath. "Itachi..." I whispered while staring into the water, seeing my reflection. My E/C eyes were tearing up and my H/C hair was in a tight bun, as to not get it wet. Unexpectedly, there were ripples in the water, my tears. They fell with no reason, just the memories of my old team. Anko was coaching her own team and Itachi was out there ready to die by Sasuke's hands.

It was then that I realised how bad I messed up. I began to sob, "I'm so sorry...I failed you. Please forgive me." I pulled my knees to my chest after cleaning myself, crying even more. "Why..." I clenched my fists. "Why couldn't I stop him? Why couldn't I protect him like you could?" My thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on the door.

"F/N? Are you okay?" Gaara didn't open the door, knowing more about boundaries and privacy.

One question just came out. "How much did you hear?" I stood up, wrapping my towel around myself and walking next to the door.

"Only the end. I heard crying and followed the sound to here. Temari has been teaching me how to console someone when they are crying." He spoke with slight concern.

"It's nothing. Things of the past. Bad memories, failed missions, that stuff. Please go so I can get dressed, Kazekage-Sama."

"Gaara. It's just Gaara." Footsteps walked away as smile replaced my frown. A heat rose to my cheeks and I giggled. This feeling...what was it?