Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Wind surrounded us as we trudged through the snow, caught in a blizzard and moving slowly to our destination. All of us were cold, but I was wearing Gaara's cloak and hat, so he was the coldest but he was doing it to keep the baby and me warm. Even though we had just found out, we were still the same as we had been, only a little more careful with me. Neither of us knew what we were going to do about Danzo. We were close to our destination, the building could be seen about a mile and a half away, which meant we were very, very close. I looked up at Gaara with a small smile, curious to see the reactions of such a well known Leaf ninja being wrapped up in the Kazekage's clothes. Once we arrived the guard looked at us confused.

"The Kazekage is a woman?" One of them spoke.

"No, Captain said it was a man, so why is a woman wearing his cloak and hat?" He readied his sword.

"She was cold." Gaara spoke up, taking my hand. "And she's my future wife."

They both stood down and bowed. "Sorry for the misunderstanding. Congratulations on the engagement." They spoke at the same time. I blushed and smiled at them shyly, my Leaf headband on my belt. "Please come in." They stepped aside and the doors opened up to a large foyer. Right inside we could see three of the five, Gaara making it four.

"Ah, Kazekage has arrived." The Raikage spoke with a smile. "Who's wearing your clothes, Kazekage?"

Gaara chuckled softly, surprising them all. They hadn't known him to chuckle like that. I lifted my head and smiled shyly. "Hello, Kage-Sama." I bowed and the hat fell off. Gaara caught it with his sand and put it on himself. "I apologise for a-"

"Why is a Leaf ninja here without permission, nonetheless in your Kage clothing, Kazekage?" The Tsuchikage looked at me. "She looks familiar."

"Oh my goodness! F/N?!" The Mizukage smiled, walking over to me. "Oh my, it's been ten years and you've grown so much."

I smiled. "Mei-San!"

"You know her, Mizukage?" The Raikage spoke, crossing his arms.

"Of course! She's originally from my village, although she and her mother left due to the Blood Mist being prevalent at that time. I was one of three people that helped them escape. My, my, I visited the Leaf three weeks ago, where were you?" She put a hand on my head and her eyes widened, she suddenly put it on my stomach. "Grown more than I thought...whose is it?" I glanced at Gaara then at my stomach with a small smile. "Oh my, that makes so much more sense now. So you were in the Sand?"

"Yes ma'am." I nodded and hugged her. "I missed you."

"This is touching and all, but don't we have a meeting to start?" That voice. It was full of hate, malice, darkness. Only one person could talk like that, Danzo. I did all I could to keep myself from turning around and attacking him, but instead I began to shake in Mei's arms. "F/N, what are you doing here?"

"You have no right to say my name!" I turned and hissed at him. "You ruined it all, you bastard."

His escorts got in front of him but he tapped his cane, "It was his own choice, all I did was set the majority."

"Bullshit! You put it in his head!" A hand grabbed my wrist, it was gentle but rough. "Gaara, let go of me. I have personal business to settle with him."

"I will not let you do that in your condition. And remember, as a ninja of another village, this would get the Sand in major trouble. I do not wish to start a war with the Leaf." He pulled me back, holding me to his chest.

I began crying, "Just let me do this! I have to! I can't let him die!" I looked up at Gaara and sniffled. "Gaara, please!"

"No. I'm sorry, but it is not your fight anymore. Whatever he decides is his own fate, you know if he does appear, I will not hesitate to fight him." My eyes turned cold and I pushed him off.