Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I slept the night fairly well, wrapped in the satin sheets as I heard writing. There was a desk lamp on as there was a bit more writing. I got up slowly, yawning and rubbing my eyes, "Hello? Who's there?"

"You shouldn't have to ask, it is my room." A voice spoke and got up, turning on the light to the room. "I tried not to wake you, but it seems my constant writing did, I apologise."

I blinked a few times and my eyes widened, "Kazekage-Sama! I apologise for intruding! Temari-San said you're rarely ever here so I could use you room." He waved his hand, not really caring that I was here. "C-Can you perhaps leave for a moment so I can get dressed?"

"I won't look. I've got too much work to do." He sat back down and went to his pile of papers. "I've never been asked to leave my room, it feels backwards."

"Sorry...just don't look." I wearily got out from the satin sheets and got dressed, not aware of the turquoise eye glancing at me. "What made you come home so early? Finished work at the office?"

"I suppose. It was more that my office was getting stuffy, I needed a change of scenery." Gaara set a stack aside and moved onto another. "Are you dressed? If so, you can help. I am just sorting missions out."

Slowly, I walked over, my hair still a mess. "I don't really know what to do, sort them by rank or type?"

"Both." Inside my head, I knew it wasn't any of my business to be doing work for the Kazekage, but I also felt special that he would ask me for help. I looked around before going to the bathroom and cleaning up, fixing my hair. Once I came back, there was a stack near on the floor at the desk, a chair next to it. "Get started, I want to be done before breakfast." He didn't bother to look at me, nor did his voice have any emotion. It wasn't until he spoke up, that I realised I was staring at his hair. "Is there something wrong?"

"Pardon?" I looked confused.

"You're staring at me, is something wrong?" He looked confused as to how he should be asking the question.

I blushed a little and giggled, "I just like your hair. It's a beautiful red, Kazekage-Sama." I gave a soft smile before he quietly went back to his work. "So why were you there when I walked in, closing your sand around me?"

"Recently there was an attack on the Sand, I suppose you would have heard since Naruto, Sakura, and a few others came to rescue me." I nodded, aware of that incident. "I wanted to keep it from happening so close to the centre of town, so I went as fast as I sensed an unfamiliar chakra. I'm surprised that the Leaf has such a rare Kekkei Genkai amongst them."

"Well, I'm originally from the Mist, but I ran away with my mother since we wanted nothing to do with the Blood Mist," I began sorting missions while talking, "I was running and ran into a group of Leaf ninja. They saw I was no older than four and decided to take us with them, helping me find a place to stay with my mom. It was a small house, but it was enough for the two of us. I lost her right after I became a Genin."

Gaara was quiet for a few minutes before speaking, "The Blood Mist, huh? I would've fit in well there."

"Why do you say that, Kazekage-Sama?" I had a bit of concern in my voice as I kept sorting, not aware that he was glancing at me every few minutes.

He heaved a long sigh. "Because I would go on rampages a lot. Every time I fell asleep, Shukaku would take over my mind and body, attacking the village. My mom died after giving birth to me since Shukaku was sealed inside me before I was born. The night I killed my uncle, I gave up hope. I let the blood-lust take control. A certain person changed that for me once I realised he was a lot like me, another Jinchuuriki."

"Naruto-Kun. After becoming a Jonin, I was to watch over him and if he went on a rampage, control him. Ice Style isn't great for controlling the Nine Tails chakra, but it was better than nothing." I chuckled and thought back. "I was surprised it never happened, I suppose his seal was extremely complicated. I can't even go past an Iron Seal."

Gaara stopped sorting and turned to me, "You know sealing jutsus?"

I nodded and smiled, standing up and showing a seal on my stomach. "Did it myself. It holds back half my chakra, that way I don't go overboard. There's a reason I was a Jonin at thirteen." As I let my shirt fall back down, I continued working. "Once I learn to control it better, I'm going to loosen the seal."

"Thirteen?" He smiled softly, "That's how old I was when Naruto changed my life." I looked at him with a smile as he continued. "I'll never forget how he cried for me, his enemy. He was the best friend I could ever ask for."

"He does have the power to change people...I just wish one person would let it happen." I looked down, tearing up involuntarily.

"Sasuke." Gaara was staring at me.

"Y-Yeah." I looked up and rubbed my eyes, "There's a lot his older brother entrusted me with, and one of them was keeping Sasuke from going too deep into hatred. I failed completely." I looked into his eyes and felt my tears vanish, something about them made me happy, but it also made me embarrassed. "Sorry for making you stop your work to listen to me." I quickly looked away.

Gaara nodded, "It's no issue, but you really should control your staring."