Chapter 7

Pearl's POV

I really enjoyed the past few days of Amethyst babying me, but alas I was feeling much better. My fever had gone down to a lower temperature of 100.0, still a fever but not as bad. My throat doesn't feel like it's on fire anymore and I haven't violently puked in 3 days. But Amethyst on the other hand...

"Hey Ame, I'm feeling much better now!" I called into our room, where she lay asleep. She's been very picky about what she eats, in the rare case that she does. She's not telling me something... but what? She slowly got up from the bed and made her way over to me, "Pearl.. I feel funny.." She looked at me with wide eyes. I saw the dark red streaks on her wrists. "Ame... No!" I ran to catch her before she fell to the ground. I grabbed her cell phone and called 911. A few minutes later a stretcher came up and the paramedics took her into the ambulance.
"Hey you can't come kid."
"I'm her sister!" I yelled at him. He moved to the side and let my in the back to sit with her. "Amethyst... why? I'll be here to protect you... always..." I silently cried until we got to the hospital, I walked next to her the entire time, never leaving her side. She was laid in the bed inside of a large room, monitors beeping as wires were hooked to her body. A doctor came in and stood next to me.
"What happened?"
"I walked in our room to check on her... and found her like this." I chocked back a sob.
"Hey, Ma'am, it's going to be okay. You were right to call, but nothing too serious has happened. She will be released in a day or two, Just.. watch out for her" I nodded and stayed by Amethyst's side all night.
"P?" A voice called my name and I looked up at Amethyst.

"Hey Ame.." I hugged her tightly, "Don't ever do that again... I thought I had lost you!" I began to cry and soon the room was filled with sobs.