Chapter 9

Amethyst sat at the edge of her bed, swinging her legs over the edge. She sighed and laid back, a pain stabbed through her stomach.
"Pearl!" She yelled from the bedroom. Pearl was there in a flash, kneeling over Amethyst.

"What's wrong Ame?" She put her hands on Amethyst's shoulders, peering into her violet eyes.
"I feel... weird. Like the baby is moving, but it's only been two months..." She seemed troubled. I took her hands and led her to my car. When we got to the hospital we got a room right away. Pearl helped Amethyst out of her clothes and into the hospital gown that the doctor guy gave her. (O.O)

"Here, lay back. The nurse will be here soon." Pearl sat on the edge of the bed and waited. About 10 minutes later a tall dark skinned woman came in the room.
"Hello, my name is Doctor Maheshwarren. I will be checking on your baby..."
"Amethyst." Pearl answered for her.

"Ah yes, Amethyst. How are you?"
"In pain..." She grumbled.

"Yes... Lets check that out."

Dr. Maheshwarren lifted Amethyst's gown and squirted blue gel onto her stomach. She took a weird looking thingy from the desk behind her and used it to rub the gel. The screen, behind her, showed us a projection of Amethyst's uterus with a small blob inside.
'Probably the baby...' Pearl thought.

"Amethyst?" Dr. M was looking at her with sad eyes.

"I'm terribly sorry... the baby is unresponsive. I am so sorry but, it's dead." Amethyst froze and then screamed in agony.

(Pearl's POV)

"We will have to do an emergency C-Section to get the fetus out." The doctor was facing me now. I nodded and went to comfort Amethyst, who was still screaming.
"Shhh... Ame, I have you, Pearl's here." I cooed and gently stroked her hair. Eventually she calmed down but not for long.
"Ame, I'll be right back. I'm going to talk to the doctor." I felt something grab me, I turned and saw Amethyst clinging to my waist. I blushed at her touch.
"Please P, don't leave me..."
"It's okay I'll just be in the hall." I removed her hands from my waist and walked out of the room.

"Excuse me, Dr. Maheshwarren?" I tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hmm?"
"Amethyst is really nervous about this C-Section thing... She's only 15, what can I tell her to make her feel safer?"
"First, what relation are you to Amethyst? Sister, Mother?"
"M-mother! N-no!" I giggled a little bit.
"She's my uh... Girlfriend." I said kinda shy like.
"I see... well just tell her that everything will be okay. After all, she trusts you most. Does she have any actual family?" I thought for a second and quickly shook my head.
"Her mother died in a car crash 6 years ago, and her father abuses her. She lives with me at my house."
"And where are your parents?"
"They died when I was 14... I've been living alone since then."
"How old are you now?" She seemed worried.
"I-I'm... I'll be 18 next month."

"So as of now you are Miss Jaxson's guardian?"
"Yes Ma'am." She looked thoughtful and nodded.
"Come with me, I need you to fill out some paperwork regarding your.... Girlfriend." She sounded disgusted when she said that. It's not my fault I'm falling for her. What's funny is I haven't even asked her out yet... I hope she says yes.

I nodded and walked into the waiting room, the lady behind the desk handed me a folder with an info sheet inside. I took out a pen and started filling in the information about Amethyst.

Full name: Amethyst Citrine Jaxson

Age: 15

Height: 5.2

Weight: 104 lbs

Allergies: Bees, Coconuts, Animals

Medications: N/A

I filled out the sheet and handed it back to the lady at the front desk. I sat down again and waited for her surgery to be over. Before I knew it, I was asleep in the chair and someone was shaking me.
"Amethyst is out of surgery, you may go see her now..."

CLIFFHANGER!!