Chapter 3- Witches

I struggled trying to get out of the persons witchery but i couldn't. I tried to find the strength to push the person away with my telekinesis but i couldn't.   I suddenly felt something being carved in my wrist it felt like a blade was digging in to into skin. When i looked at my wrist i saw it was the same symbol the person had in its necklace.

After a while of struggling i finally found the strength to push the person away with my powers. The person stubbled back only a few steps and let go of me. I was left on the ground and wrist were bleeding because of the mark. With all my power i levitated the person and pushed it against a near by tree and slowly walked towards the person with my hand in the air pushing the person against the tree.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I said between sobs with my body trembling.

I just heard a deep low chuckling then the person i was holding up against the tree turned into dust and disappeared in the wind.

What just happened?

I fell to the floor thinking what has just happened who ever this person was, was powerful. But why did the person attack me? Was the question going inside my mind. I walked slowly back to my house until i got close to the bridge. When i was close to the bridge heard someone running behind me. I turned around and saw three people in the same black cloak and same triangular necklaces. As soon as i saw them i pushed them all back with my energy and ran back to my house without looking back even though i heard the three people running behind me. Once i reached my houses back door i turned around and nobody was there.

Was this all my imagination?

I went to look at my wrist and saw that the mark was still there. This wasn't a dream because it was still there and it hurt. I ignored that the symbol was there and headed inside. My mother was already serving my brother, who was sitting in the kitchen table, some pizza. My father was sitting in the couch on the living room eating pizza and watching sports.

"Victoria, what happened to your clothes?" My mom said eyeing my clothes then looking directly at me with worried eyes.

"Nothing, i-i just fell, don't worry." I responded. I looked down and my clothes and saw that they had mud and that my arms were a little scrapped.

I sat down on the table close to Mathew and took a bite of the bacon pizza set in the table. I taped my almond shaped nails against the glass table and looked outside the window that was near the kitchen sink.

"Hey Vic, you ok? You seem really distracted." My brother told me. I turn my gaze to look at him, he had a worried look in his face he also looked like he was figuring something out something. 

I placed my pizza down then i saw my mom sit next to me on the table eating a vegetarian pizza.

"Yeah, Im ok, Im just a little distracted." I said again picking up the same pizza i was eating earlier. As soon as i grabbed my slice of pizza, my mom dropped her pizza and stared at my wrist with a shock look on her face. I instantly covered my wrist and put my hand down.

"V-Victoria, what is that? Let me see your wrist." My mom said, sounding terrified.

I slowly showed my mom my wrist from my right arm. She quickly pulled the wrist closer to her and looked at the mark.

"Oh no... Vic what happened?" She asked slightly panicked.

"In the forest I-I bumped in to someone a-and I-" i said with a shaky voice.

"Just come here." My mom started. "Mathew, stay here, don't go to the basement, and don't let your father go either." My mom said in a serious tone, then walked down the hallway to a door that was locked. She took out a key that she had with a necklace that had a locket and opened the door with the key. She grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs and closed the door behind us. There was a light switch near the door, which she used to turn the lights on. So this was the basement? Why was she taking me here?

"Mom whats wrong? Why are we here?" I asked her.

"How did you get that mark Vic?" She asked not facing me, while she tried to move the wall. It actually moved... Whats happening?

"When i was in the f-forest, i saw a person that had a necklace with the same logo a-and the person did that in my arm without touching me a-and-" i started to panic remembering what had happened.

"No, ok, don't say anything else." She said looking at me sadly. She headed back to the wall she turned. The wall had lots of shelves with what seemed to be brews, crystals, books, and more things. Why did were this witch things here?

"M-mom whats going on...?" I asked her as i looked at her pour some liquids and herbs in a cauldron.

"Victoria... I was afraid this would happen. This house use to belong to a witch in our family. She moved out the house because of a coven of bad, very powerful, witches trying to take her blood for brews and to make themselves more powerful. You see, they take the blood of powerful witches for those things. Apparently your going to be a powerful witch, thats why they put that mark on you. With that mark, they know where you are now, and endless i don't heal that, they will easily find you and kill you to take your blood." She said as she dipped a few herbs in the brew she was making. She dipped in a small crystal inside the brew then it made a small explosion.

"Mom whats happening?" I asked my mom getting scared of what was happening.

"Relax, this might hurt a bit." She then took a small bottle and dipped it in the cauldron and filled the crystal bottle. She then took a few candles from the shelves and a book and gave it to me. "Go to page thirty-two." She told me as she then placed the candles around me. I looked for page thirty two, everything was written in some type of english, but not modern english. She then levitated the candles in the air and turned them on. Then the lights were of and all you could see were the candles. She took the book out my lap and started to read the words, her voice started to sound louder and louder then suddenly the light in the candles turned purple.

"M-mom..." I said getting scared. When my mom opened her eyes they were glowing purple. She took the bottle and poured the liquid she made earlier in the mark. It felt so painful, like a million knives on fire were digging in to the same spot and the same time. I let out a loud scream in pain and tried to stay in the same place. My mom then kept saying the words in the book and started to draw patterns in my wrist. It made me feel worse which made me let out another scream. I then felt another pattern being drawn in the back part of my neck. After a while of my mom talking, she stopped and the candles turned off and settles on the floor. The lights in the room turned on and the atmosphere felt normal again.

"Mom...what just happened?" I said letting out of sigh of relief.

"Don't worry, i just protected you. On your neck you have our families mark of protection, so they cant track you, but still be careful. But how did the person know you were witch? They possibly couldn't just tell you were a witch that easily." My mom said as she looked at me curiously.

"What do you mean?" I asked her confused of what she had just said.

"I mean, someone can't just look at you and be like 'oh shes a witch', someone must've been spying on you to know that or something." She said.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Yaaay I posted like three chapters today. Are you beginning to like the story or nah? Let me know if theres any mistakes in the comments. Well i love you all byeee🌸💕