Chapter 5- Lost

I stood up and got in my toes to get a better glimpse of the forest. I though for a second, should i check whats going on? I decided that i should go. What was the worst it could happen? I walked a few steps forward still in my toes and trying to figure out what was going on there.

"Ugh I'm so stupid, what am I even doing?" I said under my breath as i faced palmed my self.

I forced my self to open the gate of the backyard and walked towards the forest. The light was really bright and it blinded me. I got closer and closer until i heard some people screaming and whispers.

I gulped then placed my glasses back in place. It smelt like smoke near the area and the atmosphere looked foggy. When i arrived the place of what ever what was going on was happening i saw a circle of people in dark cloaks chanting.

Holy crap.

I quickly identified some of the people there. There was a girl with light blue eyes and pitch black hair. There was a guy with light brown hair and with greenish eyes. They were all wearing the necklace the tall figure of the tall figure i saw.

Shit shit shit shit shit. I cursed under my breath as i ran away from there.

The chanting i heard was stuck in my head. I then laid against a near by tree because i was already tired of running of how unfit I am . I then suddenly reacted. Were am I? I haven't been to this part of the forest before. I tried to look around to see if i got at least close to my house. But there was no sign of a familiar place. Also, I'm really sure i saw the same tree at least three times.

I was lost.
I haven't been here before. Of how distracted i was on being lost, i didn't notice i was crying.

Why was I even crying?

Maybe because you'd always had a phobia of getting lost in forests. I sarcastically said to my self in my head. Stupid phobia, right? Considering i loved being in nature.

I whipped the tears from my eyes and stood up i started to think. I need to remember one thing of were i was at. What direction i took or something. But there was nothing, i was lost and i didn't know what i was doing. I remembered i had my phone in my pocket. But what was I gonna do? Call my mom and tell her to pick me up somewhere near the nowhere? I didn't know were i was. I felt my self panicking and my body was shacking aggressively. No, not now. I couldn't start panicking now.

I lighted my way with the flash light of my phone. I tried to hear for the sound of streets or maybe people. I headed towards the sound. I found myself near the back gate of a unknown house. I tried to look to see if it was Greyson's house, but it wasn't. I saw there was a middle aged woman cooking in her kitchen. Were even am I? Then i kept looking around the house to find a kid about my age in his room reading a book. I could hear Panic! At the Disco blasting from his room. I love there songs.

I tried to keep looking around to look for my house. The middle aged really nice looking lady must've noticed me then quickly went outside to me.

"Oh darling dear, what are you doing out here?" She said in a sweet tone.

"Oh, uh, i just went out here for a walk, and kinda got lost. I'm new to the neighborhood so i don't know my way back." I told her feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Oh, you must be our new neighbors! Well come in doll, I could tell you were the house is." She said politely. I thought it was creepy though, a random lady just invite me in her house. But i didn't rejected it so i quickly nodded.

"Come in dear, you could warm up inside, and i just finished making cookies, so if you want anything, just ask.

"Thanks yo-" i was cut of by her.