8. First Day Of Hell

Athena

"Up."

It had all felt like a bad dream.

That the torture chamber of a dungeon had been a figment of my imagination, trying to convince me not to run away from 'home'. That the two devilishly handsome and obnoxious men where sirens that hoped to show me a better life.

But of course it wasn't a dream, I had been stupid enough to try and run away from The Orphanage, I had been stupid enough to think that I could climb on top of milk crates and they'd stay balanced and support my weight.

Stupid.

"Up." The kick to back was quick and sharp, hitting just bellow my ribs, but it still hurt like hell.

"Ugh!" Rolling over I come face to face with the most beautiful man I've ever seen. His hair is a rich brown that's styled so that it stands up in different directions. I begin to struggle to hold back laughter due to his shocking resemblance to Edward Cullen.

"What's so funny?" His voice was cool and crisp, it matched his chiseled jaw and glaring red eyes, the fact he's a vampire, only adds to his Twilight complex.

"Has anyone ever told you how much you look like Edward?" It's a struggle to get out a sentence as I try to control my laughter.

"Who?" His forehead crinkled in concentration and it was one of the cutest things I'd ever seen, it completely ruined any macho vampire exterior and made him seem innocent like a bunny.

Why were all these vampires going against my expectations?

"You know, Edward Cullen?" His confused look only stayed in place. "Only drinks animal blood?" He shakes his head. "Goes twinkly in the sunlight?" He smirks which then becomes mixed with a snort.

"Ah, you mean the vampire wannabe?"

His smirk slowly vanishes as he rushes over to the mirror.

"What do you mean I look like him?" His outraged tone and distraught look only makes me start laughing again as this 6 ft 6 muscled vampire glares at me "Take it back."

"No."

His eyes seemed to become rounder and glaze over as he attempted to pull of puppy dog eyes. It was hilarious and it vanished all earlier thoughts of blood and monsters and how I'd ruined my life. This seemed normal, almost like a conversation I would have had with my brother when he was alive.

"You know what, I think Edward suites you."

"Stop."

"Say you're sorry for kicking me."

"But-."

"Say you're sorry."

His whole posture changed, like a dog being told off by it's master. It was as if I was telling him off for the worst offence ever, I couldn't understand why he'd react that way.

"Of course, you are right. I am sorry, please forgive-"

"Am I interrupting something? Only I'm pretty sure that Zachary told you to collect the girl and bring her to his office Philip." Caleb's voice interrupted 'Edward's' sincere apology.

"I am sorry, I got distracted." 'Philip' bowed his head instantly and didn't even look towards Caleb as he studied the floor.

"I can see." Caleb walked further into the room so that he stood at the end of my bed. "Pray, tell me what it was you were apologising for?"

"In order to wake my lady I had to tap her awake."

Tap? He calls that tap?

Wait 'my lady'?