26. Complete

Athena

I felt complete.

Whole.

I knew there was nowhere else I every wanted to be.

Walking through the corridor felt like a blur, as though I hadn't even made a conscious decision on where to go, like my feet just had a mind of there own.

If my heart was still beating then it would have stopped as soon as I saw Zachary.

He looked so weak, so dejected, like the smallest wind could knock him and he wouldn't even mind if no one ever picked him back up.

He looked sick, his skin looked like it'd been pulled too tight, with a waxy complexion. He looked like the definition of the living dead.

I felt bad that I hadn't woken up earlier, that I hadn't been strong enough to fight the never ending currents of fatigue.

That I hadn't been there for him.

That I'd left him alone for so long.

It was at that moment that I truly understood the meaning of soul mate.

That one person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

Mine.

And I was a fool to almost let him slip away from me.

My breath caught in my throat as my fingers clenched into a fist, I needed him now and I knew that he needed me.

I know I haven't updated in a while and when I have updated they're not frequent, I hate the fact that I haven't been able to update recently.

But basically in September my Grandma went in for an operation which we all thought went successfully, however late November the symptoms were coming back and they were worse and unfortunately after another operation she didn't get better. She passed away a few weeks ago and yesterday was her funeral.

I haven't felt like writing and any ideas I get for this story are leading in a direction I don't want this story to take.

I hate to say that I've put this story on hold but I don't know when I'll feel like writing again.

I'm really sorry.

But I will finish the story, because I hate it when authors leave a story half way through so I won't do that to you, I'm just saying it might take me time.

Thank you.

"So this is the end, I'd been away for a while and came back to it but I decided that the end was as specoal as I could make it. Obviously I still need to go back and changes things, but this is the end. "