~ Prologue~

The Slave Girl

*~*~*Prologue*~*~*

"Master Klaus would like to see you Slave Girl, and don't make him wait like last time!", the chamber maid yelled at me, then slammed the door closed again.

I sigh and start walking through the castle halls to my Master.

It's 2060 and every Werewolf, Human, or Other is a slave to the Vampires.

My Master is second in command from the King on the Vampire Hierarchy.

I am and always have been since I was five, his pet, toy, and daughter.

Since Vampires can't have children, they "adopt".

He supposedly chose me as his pet because i am the reincarnation of the virgin Greek Goddess Artemis.

Artemis was Goddess of the hunt, wilderness, wild animals, night, moon and is also protector of maidens.

I may even look like her; the same strawberry blond wavy hair and green eyes and beautiful ivory skin.

But my name is Layla and I'm seventeen not however old Artemis is.

I stop in front of my Master's Ballroom and enter after knocking to make my presence known.

My Master smiles at the sight of me and gestures for me to sit on the steps bellow his throne.

"I've missed you my dear Slave Girl, yet it's only been a few hours. I've brought something from my travels into the village to show you. You'll be quite surprised by it." He tells me before telling his guards to bring it in.

What they bring in is certainly not an "it", but a boy about my age.

They have the boy kneel on the floor and look straight at Master.

Master gets up from his throne and circles the boy while talking to me.

"He is a Werewolf my dear, Slave Girl. He is a year older than you and stronger than he looks. He is also the Prince of Werewolves, but not no longer. Do you know why I brought him here my dear, Slave Girl?" he asks me as he stops circling the boy and looks me straight in the eyes.

I shake my head no as an answer, since slaves should not speak.

My Master nods at me then starts talking again.

"This boy is your guard from now on my Slave Girl. Since the accident last time I can no longer trust myself with you. He will make sure no harm comes to you from anyone, including me. He will take you where you would like to go with permission from another guard of mine. He will be with you every moment of every day and you will be on time every time I call for you." He tells me as he sits down beside me on the steps and brushes his icy hand along my cheek and down to my throat.

I do not move away from him nor do I get closer.

He is dangerous to be around, yet he always asks of me no matter the consequences.

After a few seconds of this he orders his guards to train the boy and clean him up, then get his blood donor.

He sends me off back to my room and sits back in his throne as he waits for his blood donor to arrive.

Once I'm back in my room, I start crying.

He was so close to biting me, to making me his snack like all the others.

The accident he was speaking of was when a knife had cut into my hand and he had to have his guards restrain him from attacking me.

I had ran that day to my room and cried just as I was now.

The only two differences from yesterday and today was that he gave me a guard of my own and that today I wasn't as close as I was yesterday to being lunch.