Chapter 4

The Slave Girl

Chapter 4

Ian's P.O.V

I woke to the sound of shuffling feet down the hall, in that vampire's room.

A growl rasied in my throat but never made itself known.

His door opened and he started walking towards Layla's room.

I tightened my grip around her waist.

Before he got half way a guard stopped him and made sure he didn't get close to Layla's room.

Turning my head, I smiled.

She had crawled into my bed and fallen asleep beside me during the night.

She hadn't let go of my hand for even that.

But now her hands lay on my chest and my arms around her waist.

Brother Wolf calls her Mate, and I agree with him, she is our Mate.

From the first time I saw her when i was a child, Brother Wolf saw her as our Mate.

I was surprised to find out that she was a reincarnation of a goddess well known to my people.

I never would have suspected it.

She smelled of sunny light and a breeze on a summer day.

To you sunlight may not have a scent but for me it does.

Layla snuggled closer to me and sighed in content making me lose my train of thought.

Smiling down at her I brush a strand of loose hair away from her eyes and watch her as she sleeps soundlessly.

After hours of just watching her, the sun rises up and pours it's warmth onto Layla and I.

Her eyes flutter open and look straight into mine.

My fingers glide across the skin of her cheek to the back of her neck.

My eyes flash down to her lips and back to her eyes, my lips burning for the sensation of her lips.

Her cheeks turn red and her eyes widen, as if shocked at something.

Before for I can tighten my grip on her she's out of the bed and staring down at her feet.

"Sorry. It's just-... I don't-... It's only been years since we last met! And I'm-... I'm... feeling things that I've never felt bef-"

Before she can say any more a maid comes in and tells Layla, "Master would like to see you, Slave Girl."

The maid smiled evily at her then disappeared back out the door.

I would have growled at her if it weren't for the fact that I was wondering what Layla was going to say.

Getting up I walked over to the door closing it quietly.

Once I turned around to face Layla she was already dressed and ready.

She threw clothes at me to wear.

Looking up I saw her wearing an emerald colored dress with silver designs all over the skirt of it.

A grim smile appeared on her face as she walked over to me.

"How do I look?" she asked me, her bright green eyes penetrating into my soul.

Beautiful, i want to say but don't for some odd reason.

"Amazing."

She nods her head in thanks and smiles a real smile, just for me.

"Let's get this over with."

Before long I'm standing slightly behind her and watching as her Master swiftly walks over to her from his throne.

He reaches out to touch her, but before he can he stops and falls to the ground with a stake sticking out from his back.

A high window above the throne there sits a nymph with a flute in it's hand and a bag made of leather in the other.

The nymph boy smiles down at us and disappears from sight.

Leaving his kill to the gaurds to fuss over.

Though they have nothing to fuss about.

The Master is dead.