Chapter 12

The Slave Girl

Chapter 12

(Ian's P.O.V)

After they asked us for our help in freeing slaves from the werewolf guards and vampires we started on our planning of freeing them.

Layla enjoyed helping the freed slaves with finding their way back to their homes and families.

She used the same sense of direction she had used that had brought us to the men in tights to give the freed slaves a direction that would send them home.

During the time we have been here I have helped Corbin free more slaves then either of us could count.

We had grown accustomed to living with Corbin and his men, it was time to get back on the road.

Though we were hidden well from Demetri's men and the King's soldiers, we couldn't stay any longer.

If we did we would risk being captured again.

Our only hope was to get to my pack for safety.

I woke up this morning with a sense of dread in my stomach, Feeling that they were getting too close to finding us now.

Even Corbin's men were starting to feel paranoia of being in one place for too long.

Before I could worry more about the enemies closeness Layla walked into our cabin room.

"Are you sure we have to leave now? There are still many people who need our help." she asks me as she gets closer to the bed where I'm packing our supplies.

"I know you enjoy helping everyone, Layla. But we can't stay here any longer. My wolf senses that we are closer then ever to being caught now. I'm sorry." I tell her, wishing that we could stay longer.

She nods her head frowning before she garbs the water canteens and puts them in the bag.

I hate seeing her unhappy but I know we need to leave now before it's too late.

"Layla." I start before Corbin knocks on the open door and walks in.

"I was hoping to catch you before you left." He begins. "We have news about the King & Demetri's men. There in the town just down the road. If you're leaving today then you need to be swift about it."

I listened to him carefully as I packed our bag.

I nodded silently to him before zipping the bag up and looking at Layla.

"We'll be leaving tonight." I let Corbin and Layla know. "We"ll be able to get through them without them noticing."

They look at me in confusion, wondering what i have planned.

I smile at them as I give Corbin a small list of things I will need to have my plan happen easily.

Once night had fallen, I would transform into my wolf form.

My plan was to carry Layla through the forest beside the town.

It wasn't a very thick wooded forest but it was enough camouflage that the soldiers won't find us.

The items I needed were to hide our scents from the soldiers.

A very strong fragrant mix of pine, dirt, and oak.

During the time we had to wait I had Layla get dressed in a pair of jeans and a green shirt.

She was confused as to why she had to change but didn't refuse to do so.