Chapter 7

The Slave Girl

Chapter 7

(Ray's POV, Ian's dad)

When she told me that she didn't blame me I felt like a thousand pounds had been lifted from my shoulders.

I have always felt so horrible for no bring able to save both the girl and her family.

And I know that she is right, even if I had saved her a second time he would have gone after her until his last breathe.

Though it isn't easy to kill a Vampire if your not a Werewolf or a wooden stake.

I was slightly surprised when Ian had told me through our mind link that he died.

But now I know that this girl is meant for something greater than us all.

When her parents had come in I knew that news had spread about the girl, their daughter.

Her mother and father hugged her with shaking hands, afraid that this was a dream but it wasn't.

Sooner or later they would have to leave.

Again.

To keep her safe my son would have to take her away to our pack.

Once they were done hugging and crying we all sat down and talked over how the Vampire died and how to keep her safe from the King of Vampires.

But before we could finish, a familiar stranger walked in without a word.

His black boots, jeans and leather jacket with a white shirt making him stand out more than his silence.

This stranger was Eric.

My right hand man who had supposedly died just last month.

He was also my brother.