Chapter 6

The Slave Girl

Chapter 5

Layla's POV

(flashback)

The little boy slept peacefully curled next to me, his face mere inches away from my face.

I watched him sleep and tried to fall asleep myself but I couldnt because of how scarred I was.

The man from yesterday was really scary.

He almost took me from mommy and daddy.

A shiver slid down my spine as I remembered that moment.

The mans hands on me and then gone.

It was real luck to be rescued by this little boy and the man with him who I think is his daddy.

While the memory played in my head the boy woke to the sound of my whimpers.

He scooched closer and grabbed my hand making me open my eyes to see his hazel ones.

"It's okay. If he comes back my dad will kill him. He won't hurt you ever again." the boy whispered to me so not to wake my parents as they slept in their bed across the room.

I noded and tried to sleep but couldn't so I just watched the moon through the window across the room.

It shown brightly in the sky giving everything a luminescent glow to it.

And just as I was shutting my eyes I heard a soft whimper from outside.

My eyes were totally shut just for a moment before I opened them again to find myself in the arms of the scary man.

He carried me out of the house while it stated to burn, starting in the bedroom.

"Mommy! Daddy!" I yelled for them as I watched it burn to the ground from a far with the scary man holding me in his arms.

Keeping me away from the fire.

But just as the house was crashing down I spotted them.

My parents, the boy, and the man who saved me the first time.

They stood in the shadows away from the scary man's line of vision.

And once the house was no longer there, the scary man took me away.

I watched from over the man's shoulder as my mommy tried to come after me but was held back by my daddy.

Reaching my hand out towards them I wished them well with a wave of my hand.

"I love you mommy and daddy." I whispered under my breath hoping they could have heard me.

( end of flashback)

To this day I had always hoped to see the man before me now.

The Werewolf that saved me in the early years of my life.

Standing up I just looked at the man with tears in my eyes before stepping forward and hugging him.

"Thank you for saving me in the beginning and I don't blame you for not being able to save me again. The vampire was relentless. He would never have given up. So I thank you for saving me and most of all my parents." I tell him with a sob stuck in my chest.

"Where are they now? My parents, where are they?" I ask him hoping that they are still alive and well.

He sighed in relief before staring above of head, behind me.

"Why don't you turn around and see for yourself." he offered with a chuckle.

And I did as he offered.

I turned around to find two people standing in front of me.

My mother.

And my father.