Chapter 10

The Slave Girl

Chapter 10

(Ian's POV)

I had just called her my Mate.

Though I wasn't sure if she had heard me I kissed her head before falling asleep myself.

Once it was morning I shook Layla awake and picked her up bridal style.

Walking out of the forest and back onto the trail I put her down and stretched.

She stood there for a second just looking around before yawning.

"So where are we headed anyway? Wait, don't answer that I kinda have a feeling where we're going." she said to me while holding a finger to my lips.

I smiled against her finger and waited for her to tell me she didnt.

Instead she grabbed my hand and started walking out of the forest with me in tow.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(2 hours later! ^-^)

By the middle of the afternoon we came across a groups of carriges and limos with vampires and a long line of  slaves banned together with chans and chackles.

Werewolves were  making them walk single file ahead of another in two lanes.

If they didnt walk they were whiped till they did move.

They were all doing as told except for a few young men and possibly one girl.

Every minute or so one of them would stop or start back talking to the Werewolf gaurds.

The gaurds would respond by whiping them, slaping them across the face, or just ignore them depending on how well they could control their anger and irritation.

Layla and i crouched down to watch as one of the young men again back talked the gaurd by his side.

Though this time the gaurd gave him five lashing and counting.

I watched as my own kind striked out on a defensless human.

I winced as it kept going and becoming angrier at myself i hadnt noticed Layla walking down the hill towards the slaves and gaurds.

Jumping up i run to try and stop her only she runs too and yells at the gaurd giving the man lashings.

All the people stop and stare at her wondering who would ever do this sort of thing.

Once im down the hill i grab her arm and put her behind me.

The gaurds start to growl and two on each side of me are about to attack when suddenly the few men and girl break free of their chains.

And out of no where swords drop from the sky into their open hands and people swing down from the trees on ropes.

In one minute flat we're surrounded by men in tights.