Chapter 3

The Slave Girl

Chapter 3

I stood there in surprise at what had just happened.

My muscles were tense at the thought of what the consequences could be for Ian and I if Ian tried fighting him.

But then again, Ian was protecting me from Demetri so there was no reason for us to get punished.

Ian stood his ground as he faced Demetri.

Demetri stood still on his feet for a moment before running past Ian and towards the entrance to the ballroom.

Ian watched Demetri until he was gone before turning towards me and closing the distance between us.

He touches the side of my face and whispers in my ear, "I feel like I've known you my whole life. That today wasn't the first time we met. Layla... I knew that name by heart before I met you today. Do you believe me?"

He watches my eyes as I consider this feeling I have towards him.

Those eyes of his are so familiar, so comforting that I remember and believe him.

Finally I know who he is to me.

I reach my hands up to his face and lean in to him.

My lips touch to his softly with remembrance in my mind.

His strong arms circle around my waist as his lips envelope mine.

I break our kiss and watch his beautiful hazel eyes with my green ones.

Master walks through the garden entrance with a raged Demetri following in his footsteps.

Ian puts me behind him as Master and Demetri come to a stop in front of us.

Master smiles at Ian and me before turning towards Demetri and punching him in the jaw.

Demetri falls to the ground a second time with a thud.

"Don't you ever talk to my daughter in that kind of language again. If you ever even think of marrying her I will personally kill you. And finally, don't even think of touching her, that goes with the same consequences. Do you understand me?" Master lectured Demetri.

Demetri nods and stands again to walk away.

Master turns away from Demetri and to us.

"As for the two of you. I want you to take the limo and go home. Wolf Boy you will be sleeping in Slave Girl's room. There is an extra bed put in their just for you. In a few weeks your training will be getting more difficult by each day. My dear Slave Girl, you will be standing near by watching and waiting for Wolf Boy's training to end. During the time before dinner, I would like for you to be in the library at all times. And just between the three of us, my dear, you will not be having a relationship with any one, no matter what. You are too precious to me to lose." He tells us, then slides his fingers through my hair and let's his hand remain on my shoulder.

Ian growls at Master's hand and steps forward making Master's hand drop to his side and away from me.

A shiver of relief travels down my spine as Master walks away with a grin plastered on his face.

Once he is out of sight, Ian embraces me in his arms and picks me up before running around the castle to the limo.

He puts me down in the limo and waits until I'm by the window to get in and shut the door.

"Are you okay, Layla?" he asks me with worry in his eyes.

I look into them and smile.

"I am now." I tell him as I scoot over next to him and lay my head on his chest next to his heart with my arms wrapped around him.

And before I know it, we're back at the castle in my room.

Ian sleeping in his bed close by mine with our hands intertwined.