Chapter 14- Don't Cry

CHAPTER 14- Don't Cry

________Anna's Pov___________

Mrs.King has been a great counsellor. After three weeks of speaking to her, I've been in a much happier place. I haven't drank alcohol or smoked and to help me stop completely, I've been going to a peer group with students and young adults who have addiction problems.

I decided to open up about my problems and was doing much better. I was taking it one day at a time.

I decided that today I would go see my father in the prison. I needed to speak to him. He must have been so upset with he whole situation. He had been in jail for about two months now and I know that must be tough for him.

I put on jeans, a white polo shirt and Nike sneakers. I had my hair up in a donut and only had lipgloss on. I exited my room and bumped into the wall. I lost my balance and almost fell but the wall managed to wrap its arms around me. I look up to see my handsome boyfriend.

He was shirtless and looked hot.

"You done drooling?" he asked.

"I was't drooling." I said pushing myself away from him.

"Where are you going love?" he asked sweetly.

"Umm, I decided that I should visit my dad." I said, trying to walk away but he blocked my path.

"Are you sure you're ready to see him. It's barely been two months." he said.

"I know, but I need to face him to get inner peace. And I was also a horrible daughter to him, even though it had to do with his behavior to me. " I said, avoiding his eyes.

"Okay, well I'm going to come with you." he said, about to go in his room to put on clothes.

"No. You're not. I'm going alone. I'll take my car and drive there." I said boldly.

"Anna, Im not letting you go by yourself." he said bluntly.

"You can't come." I said.

"And why not?" he asked starting to get upset.

"It's personal." I shouted annoyed at his interrogation.

His eyes soften and then he nodded his head. I could tell he was just looking out for me. The love he had for me was very visible in his eyes.

I just walked away, and went down the stairs. Mrs.King was preparing breakfast and I decided to help her.

"Good morning Anna. How are you today?" she asked. I think she might have heard the argument with her son and I.

"I'm good. I'm actually going to visit my father today." I said with mixed emotions of happiness and sadness.

"Well I think you're ready. You've actually a really good person and you deal with changes well, in my opinion. Your main problem in life are actually your parents, based on what you've told me." she said calmly, watching my face for a reaction.

She was frying bacon and the eggs had already been cooked.

"Yep. But I think I need to see my dad. I actually miss him although he introduced me to alcohol and smoking, he was always there for me. It's just that I shut him out because I was so angry with him for letting mom go, and angry with my mom for not taking me with her." I said sadly.

I removed the bread from the package it was in the cut off the crust.

"Why exactly did your mom leave?" she asked curiously.

"Well, from what my dad told me, he was at the time a very abusive husband. They were happily married until I came along, then they started being in a lot of arguments because my dad felt neglected by his wife. Then they started arguing a lot, my dad started drinking, smoking, coming home late and this would agitate my mom. When I was about six years old, she had enough and left. She left without even saying goodbye to me, as if she never loved me. My dad said she actually went to Atlanta to meet her sister who was very sick with cancer and had a baby girl. She basically left me to go to care of someone else's child. And ten years later she just wants to reappear and dictate my life. She better take a rain check cause it ain't happening." I said and when I looked at my hands, I realized I had squashed the bread.