Chapter 9- Destroying my life

CHAPTER 9- Destroying my life

_____Anna's Pov________

Urgh!! My head hurts so much. I can't seem to open my eyes. What's that beeping sound?

And what's that horrid smell?

I stayed still for a while, the only thing I was able to move was my hands. It twitched slightly as I tried to talk. I was able to mumble a little bit but it was not coherent .

After five minutes,my eyes slowly opened and I was in a white room. There were doctors, nurses and my dreaded mother in the room conversing.

A doctor looked at me and realized I was awake.

"Anna, how do you feel?" he asked and everyone turned their heads towards me.

"My head hurts like hell." I said.

"Anna, watch your language!" my mother shouted.

"Oh please. Could you go back to your life and leave mine alone! Why are you even here?" I shouted, which was not a good idea considering my head hurt so much.

"Well, I'm afraid I can't. After all, I am your legal guardian now." she said with a smirk on her face.

I sat up and whipped my head to her direction so fast that I saw dots blurring my vision.

"What? You better stop this prank now! Where's my father? I want to see him now!" I demanded, my heart starting to race.

"Ma'am, I'm going to ask you to leave the room. You are aggravating the patient." one of the doctors told my mother.

"You cannot let me leave. She is my daughter!"the old hag quarreled.

Two nurses then escorted my mother out of the room while I sat there with tears running down my face.

She ruined my life.

"I hate you!! I hate you so much!" I screamed out and hid my face in the pillow.

The doctors had left the room and I just sat there, trembling.

My mom is like the devil just destroying lives.

We were fine before she came back. Now she put my dad in the slammer. I mean, I hate my father, but I still love him more than the woman who gave birth to me.

I let out a frustrated groan and cried more, not able to face the facts.

_____a week later_____

Life sucks. I hate my mother so much. When we got to my house after I was released from the hospital, my mom drove me home, just nagging in my ears about how much I'd grown. She had cleaned up my room and I screamed loudly when I looked under my bed for vodka. All my bottles were gone.

"No!!" I screamed, running down the stairs angrily.

I went to the kitchen cabinets but they were empty. Even my secret stash was gone. I screamed profanities at my mother and broke a couple of glasses.

I then ran up the stairs and grabbed my iPhone 6. Luckily, she did not take my phone. I quickly called my boyfriend.

"Hello?"he asked sleepily.

After all,it was one in the morning.

"Ryder," I cried into the phone,"I..so...and..gone...."

I spoke muffled as my loud sobs overpowered my voice.

"Anna,calm down. What's wrong?"he asked sounding concerned.

"My mom is back." I cried," she put my dad in jail. I was in the hospital the entire week. They just sent me home a couple of hours ago."

"Anna, you want me to pick you up?"he asked concerned.

"Yes." I cried again.

In ten minutes, I heard a stone being pelted at my window. I opened it and Ryder was there. He climbed up into my room and embraced me in a hug as I was still crying.

"I'm so sorry...that... I ..... woke you...up." I managed to sob out.

"For you, I would stay awake until I die." he said causing more tears to fall down my now red face.

I explained to him what happened and he still cared enough to wipe my cheeks.

"What...am.....I...." I said hiccuping,"going to....to do?" I cried.

"Come live with me.My parents won't mind." he said seriously.

"I can't do that. I would be a burden to your family Ryder." I said wiping the tears from my face.

"Anna, I lo--" he was cut off by my mother's loud voice.

"Anna,why are you still awake? I'm coming up there!!"she shouted.

"Run Ryder, just go. She's already taken my dad away from me. I won't let her take you away. I'll see you t--" my door's handle was being shaken.

Ryder quickly pecked me on the lips and climbed out my window just in time.

My mother entered my room with a serious look.

"Anna, you ungrateful child. Why are you crying?" she sneered at me.

"Because you came into my life." I muttered under my breath.

"Say that again."she dared me holding my chin in her hand.

I quickly pushed her hand away.

"Don't ever touch me again!" I shouted at her.

She looked at me in shock.

"I hate you! You left me to rot here with my dad all these years ago! I was finally doing fine and you just had to come back into our lives." I cried out.

"Just get out! Out of my room! Better yet,out of my life!" I shouted at her and pushed her out of my room.

"You're destroying my life!" I cried out sinking onto the floor.

This was the first time I cried so much. Apart from her being in my life again, she took away my dad and my alcohol!!

My sweet, sweet alcohol.

How can I ever survive?

My life is over!

____End of chapter_______

Vote and comment.

Any questions? Feel free to comment on anything relating to the story.