Chapter 15- Revenge

CHAPTER 15- Revenge

________Anna's POV_________

After being brought to Mr.Sharp's house, also known as my mother's boyfriend's house, my handcuffs were removed. My mother drove her vehicle and was a few minutes behind us. She thanked the officers and brought me inside the house.

She grabbed me roughly and brought me inside the mansion.

"Unhand me you wicked wretch." I said upset and she immediately let go of my arm which she was holding with a firm grip.

"Where's my room?" I asked unbothered with her.

"Well, your step-father organized one of the guest rooms for you which you can personalize eventually when you get comfortable." she said trying to be nice.

"My step who?? Let me tell you something you old hag, you left my father alone with me and he raised me, not you. You cannot just show up in my life so many years later, put my father in jail and then try to replace him with some rich sucker who for God knows what reason decided to take an interest in your pathetic life. So, do me a favour and get out of my life. Don't you dare try to replace my father. You don't even know the guy that you're so eager to bestow him the title of stepfather to your ONLY child. For all we know, he could be a serial killer or rapist!" I yelled at my mother who blatantly ignored me during my rant.

"Martha!" Sarah shouted and immediately a maid in her mid-fifties came out.

"Show Anna her room." she said and Martha immediately told me to follow her as she led me up the grand staircase.

I shook my head at disgust as my mother was selling both herself and me to a man she barely even knew. I was so disappointed in her. She comes from no where in the blue and all of a sudden she is dictating my life as if she never even left. I don't even know her. For all I know, she could be an imposter. My mind kept racing as I felt imprisoned in this beautiful mansion as everything seemed so surreal.

I followed the maid and we walked through the hallway and then we started talking.

"So, you must be Sarah's daughter. You seem so sweet and so pretty. Your mother speaks of you as if you're a monster but she's the one who is a monster." Martha said.

With that statement, I knew I would like Martha. She seemed like a wonderful lady and just maybe, my stay here would not be too horrible.

"My mother is a gold digger. She just ruined my life after reentering it ten years later and she's dictating me as if she was never gone." I told Martha.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. If you need anything let me know. And be careful, Mr. Sharp's children are trouble makers. Spoilt brats." she said smiling but I could see the stress in her eyes just thinking about them.

"Martha, I am also a trouble maker, don't mind my innocent facade. I think we'll get along fine though." I informed her.

"Oh, nonsense sweetie! You're no harm compared to what Alec and Alisa can do." Martha said.

I smiled warmly at her. She was so delightful. I wonder if she has any kids of her own and how long she had been working for the Sharp family.

"Here we are." she said and then opened the door and then when I entered she left.

Inside of the room was actually not that bad. My room was way smaller here compared to my room at my dad's house. This set up wasn't that bad. I won't be here that long so that won't matter for me.

 I won't be here that long so that won't matter for me