FFN 23: The rescue

Chapter 13: The rescue

Astrid's POV

We were driving for Three hours through the upper streets of Strattfordshire (A/N fictional place, I think) , but we couldn't find them or Esmerelda's car. The sun was up in the sky as we drove through the countryside.

When I found out that Orah and Carter took Esmerelda's car and didn't tell anyone where they were going I pushed all my anger and sadness about the whole Noah/Mel situation aside. We drove slowly down the dirt road with little houses, green fields and trees passing by, but there was no sign of a purple Volkswagen GTI.

"I hope they're okay. " murmured Mel sitting next to me in the back seat of the car Ron rented for this trip.
I quickly wrapped Her in my arms and said, "They'll be okay. Trust me, we'll find them soon. "
Ron who was on the phone the whole time finally hung up and turned around in his seat.

"Okay guys Mr and Mrs van Rooien, Lya and Cal are searching the other half of the town. They will let us know if they find them. " he said giving us a soft smile and turning back to the road.
Esmerelda was awfully quite while driving, but I didn't want to question it.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket and when I took a look at the caller my heart stopped.

Mommy xxx Calling

Mel glanced over at the screen, then at me and grabbed the phone from my limp hands.
"Hello aunt Gloria. " she answered in a calm voice.
"Unfortunately... Yes we're still searching for them, but we know we'll find them. " she continued.
"Mmmhm... I understand--... I'll tell him... Yes Carter is with her so she isn't completely alone... Okay I'll call you back when we've got more news... Kay bye love you too. " she greeted and then hung up.

"Thank you. " I breathed out and released the breath that I didn't realise I was holding.
There's no way that I would've handled that as calmly as she did and it's a known fact that my parents like Mel more then they like me.
"No problem. " she said and intertwined our fingers.
We drove for a few more hours until Esmerelda finally spoke up.

"Hey guys what's that? "
There in the far distance is a stop sign and a car that seemed to have crashed into it.

Melanie's POV:

As we neared the stop sign we saw that it was indeed Essie's car. There was a big dent in the front bumper with smoke lingering around it, the one wheel was flat, the front window had a lot of cracks unit and chunks of glass was scattered near the scene. We parked beside it and all of us jumped out to rush to the car.

"Carter! Orah! Are you guys alright? " shouted Ron, but no one answered.
"Astrid call your parents and Esse's to tell them that we've found them. " commanded Ron and Astrid immediately grabbed his phone.
"Mel and Ess let's go check if they're okay. " he said walking closer to the door.
What we saw was definitely a unusual sight.

There wrapped in each others' arms was a injured Orah and Carter fast asleep. Carter had a few bruises and his one hand was bleeding, but he looked okay. It was Orah that worried us. Her blonde hair stained with red, she had a cut on her forehead and neck and she was lying still... Almost too still.

Esmerelda's was the first one to open the car door and tried to wake up Carter. After violent shaking he woke up.
"Wha..." he said groggily.
"Oh thank goodness you're okay. " I breathed out.
I tried to keep all the bad thoughts out of my mind ever since we found out that they were missing.