Chapter twelve Essential l state part one

Meg POV

As I got up I realized I had been moved to a chair. And Adam was not in the bed. He seemed to be changing the sheets. I look over at a clock. It was three in the morning.

“Adam?” I said getting up. I walked into the bathroom and he was not there. “Adam?” I couldn’t be to loud. Then he came back in the room. Carrying new sheets. I look at him.

“What!” he says.

“Why did you changer the sheets.”

“They were dirty I didn’t want you to sleep on dirty sheets.”

“What time did you get home?”

“Why.”

“I don’t know Adam I think it’s weird that I come here and you’re not home. Your mom says you were at Eli’s and then I fall asleep about ten and you want to change sheets now at three in the morning. I’m not stupid Adam.”

“Did I say you are?”

“Why are you always hiding things for me?”

“Because I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“So what are the sheets going to kill me now? Or were you out there with another girl.” He just stood there and stared at me.

“You’re really going to do this.” I cross my arms. And look at him. “Fine you know what I was with another girl so what.” I looked at him. “What!” he almost yelled.

“We all know Adam you were with Eli playing video games.”

“And I don’t know what you want me to say.”

“The truth.” there was a long pause between I prepared to hear the worst. He sighed.

“Look the truth was I was gone at Eli’s I just came home I fell asleep at Eli’s and decided to wallk home.”

“At three in the morning?”

“Yes I left my phone here.” I stared at him.

“So I came here and came up the stairs and saw you. You were lying in dirty sheets so I moved you and changed the sheets.” He held my gaze. His face was expressionless. So I just assumed it to be the truth. Kind of. Tomorrow I was going to call Eli and see what really happened.

The next day at school. I saw Eli at his locker. There was no one around. I approached him.

“Hey Eli.” I said sweetly.

“Oh, hey what’s up?”

“Adam came to your house yesterday right?”

“Yea why.”

“What time did he leave?”

“About nine thirty why”

“That liar.” I said underneath my breath.

“Wait. He lied? About what?”

“Coming home at three am.”

“Oh I wonder why he would do such a thing.” He said looking over my shoulder I turn around and see Adam walking this way.

“Hey what going on here.” He said smiling.

“Good luck.” Eli said patting on the back.

“good luck with what?” Adam asked.

“My dance.” I lied.

“Oh cool.”

“yea I decide to tell Eli about how things were going.”

“Oh ok.” I stare at him.”

“He says you left at nine thirty.”

“What.”

“His house last night.” He looked at me with a face.

“You’re going to bringing this up again.

“Yes Adam I won’t leave this alone until you tell me the truth.”

“Look I have to go.”

“No you don’t.”

“Yea time for class.” I grab his arm.

“Tell me Adam.”

“Maybe later.”

“No, now Adam I’m tired of theses lies. If you’re going to keep lying to me than obviously I am not the Queen you say I am.” He stared at me and then put his bag down and sunk to the floor. I sat next to him.

“Look Meg.”

“Adam.”

“It…just.”

“ADAM.”

“Ok. Look you probably  don’t want a boyfriend who gets a monthly do if you want you can go.”  I stare at him.

“you really think that I care. I mean I do I want the best for you how many times do I have to tell you this.”

“As many times as I tell you.”

“Good so we’re on the same page. But I don’t hide things from you.”

“you use to.”

“well now that doesn’t  give you an excuse for you to start. The past is the past let it dwell there so it can be forgotten and cause us less pain.” He looked at me. Seeming to be sad.

“ you meg.” I lean into his lap and he holds me.

“awww look here you guys.” Dallas said we have the two freaks mating isn’t that cute. Or just plain disgusting.” I was about to get up and punch him in the face but I decided to do the next reasonable thing.

Tell Simpson about what was going on.

 I want to thank you all for reading this story I have worked really hard taking two and a half hours of my day to write a chapter for all of you awesome readers who read vote and comment you know who you are great job thank you and I hope life treats you well.