Chapter ten By Heart, By Soul part one

Once I returned home there were baskets of get well cards. I sat on Mrs. Torres couch.

“You feeling any better?” Mrs. Torres said. I was in the hospital for what seem like forever.

“Yea I feel fine.”

“You want something to eat? Have you been eating well?”

“Yea I have why.” She went into the kitchen and made something and came out with a bagel. “thank.” I said. I slowly eat the bagel. And sat down. There was an awkward silence around me. I looked down. Than Adam walked in.

“I’ll give you guys some alone time.” She said and walked out.  I haven’t seen Adam since the day of the surgery.

“Hi.” I said quietly and a little hurt since he never visited me in the hospital.

“Hey.” He replied. He walked over to me he didn’t sit right next to be but on the other side of the couch.

“What’s up?” I asked him.

“Nothing just school.”

“Been busy huh.”

“yea.” He was hiding something I could tell. I look at the floor. How could he not tell he was hurting me? Was he going to leave me? 

“You ok?” he asked.

“Yea.” I said softly because if I would have tried to say it with full strength my voiced would of broke.” He sighed.

“Look I’m so sorry for not seeing you in the hospital.”

“What’s your reason?”

“Owen.” I looked at him.

“What is he doing to you?”

“Nothing but he’s going to hurt you when you get back.”

“What do you mean hurt me?”

“Like him and his group are going to bully you too.”

“So he’s been bullying you.”

“Yea.”

“For what.”

“Being with you” I looked down feeling guilty.

“I’m so sorry for causing you this pain.”

“No I told them to beat me up I loved you.”

“Adam I love you to but I’m not worth the pain.”

“Your worth to me more than diamonds are. And I don’t care if I have to take a bullet I will.” I turned to him.

“Do you really love me as much as you say?”

“Of course I do if I didn’t I wouldn’t have waited for you.”

“So you didn’t come and see me in the hospital because you were scared of being harassed for seeing me.”

“No because I was in so much pain.”

“Why didn’t your mom tell me? Or Drew! He looked down.

“I haven’t told my mom or drew. They think I’m sick so I told them I needed to rest.”

“Nice job.” I said sarcastically. He looked at me. “What!”

“Drew would have tried to fight Owen again.”

“Again?”

“This isn’t the first time this happened.” He said quietly I look at him.

“Adam you need to tell someone or I’ll deal with it.”

“No! I don’t want anyone dealing with my business.” I stood up and looked at him in shock.

“Adam…” I said. “I just want to help.

“Yea, well I don’t need your help.”

“Too bad.” I started to walk towards Owens house after finding out where he lived. When I got to Owens house I knocked on the door. He opened and chuckled when he saw it was me.

“What are you doing here.”

“Why are you making fun of Adam!” he laughed.

“Why are you still alive?” I scoffed.

“You didn’t answer my question?”

“Answer mine I’ll answer yours.” I sighed

“I’m still alive because of Adam.”

“So if we got rid of him you’ll be gone.”

“You wouldn’t dare!!” I start to hit him on his chest. He pushed me back saying.

“Whoa there psycho path. Not my day to die.” I look at him.

“Answer my question big boy why are you hurting him.”

“Cause your lame and no one likes you at our school you freak? What did you just get out of the hospital for another attempt your weak your lame just gets out of my face you coward.” Tears began to sting my eyes but I wasn’t going to back down now.

A surge went through me and I could feel my body heat up. The next thing I knew was that I reached in my pocket and pulled out my bloody razor I pushed him on his chest against the wall and put it to his neck.

“Listen here bimbo you leave Adam alone. If it’s me you want I’m right here.” He seemed freaked out but then he looked at me and smiled.

“Well I have you now.”

“Yes!”

“Ok I’ll leave him alone on one condition.’  I got scared one monument.”

“All I can say is that you’ll be humiliated. So don’t get to comfortable at school.” I looked down and nodded.

“Anything for Adam.” I said and I walked of his property.

At school the next day I was sitting in class. I overheard on the announcements that they were having dance tryouts. And that you the slip to sign up for it were in the main office. I got really excited. I was going to try out for this. I mean doesn’t mean it I was going to make it but I love to try things there’s no time for what ifs in life.

After the bell rang I got up and headed into the office. I found the slip immediately. I walk over towards it and sign up. When I was signing up I hear a

“Ahem” I turn around and see Katie and Tori.

“yes.” I said.

“Your, signing up for dace really, don’t you have better thing s to do like cut or something you emo freak.” I finished sighing up and Katie took the pen from me. I look at her and walk way. I know her and Tori did not like me but I didn’t care for once things were looking up for me.