Chapter 2

A/N – I didn’t realize how short chapter 1 was so short so I tried to make this one a bit longer :) please comment/vote it would make me really happy! This chapter gets a bit more interesting so enjoy xo!

My first day of work was awful. Lindsey bossed me around the entire day. Either she really hates me or was really serious about her job but, honestly I didn’t really care either way. I also found out from another waitress Katy, that Danny is exactly the guy I thought he was. A total player. Katy and I had the same break so we walked by the beach and told me how he’s slept with every single waitress in that restaurant, including herself. “He goes after every single waitress. He’ll go after you too soon.” I remember her saying. “Too bad I’m not interested.” We both laughed. Although Danny was nice to look at, personality mattered so much more to me. “Even Lindsey?” I remember asking. I don’t even know why I asked her that. I didn’t really care, did I? “Of course!” Katy cried. “Every. Single. Waitress.” She said it slowly, probably thinking I didn’t hear her the first time. Honestly, I don’t even know why I took the job at The Crab. Yes my auntie was thrilled and excited for me & I really did owe it to her but, I could have gone job hunting and got another job. After lunch I was serving a table when Danny came behind me and slid a hand around my waist. “I can take this if you want.” He whispered in my ear. “I’ve got it.” I said it loud enough that the family sitting in front of us could hear and he immediately took his hand off, huffed and walked away. I smiled to myself. He may have had his way with every other waitress but he was definitely not getting his way with me.

“Here you go.” My aunt sat a big bowl of pasta in front of me. “Mm.” I said out loud. Pasta was my favourite; I used to eat it almost every day when I was younger. “Well I wanted to make you your favourite meal for your second night here” A big smile formed across her face. “Thanks Auntie.” I leaned my head on her shoulder and laughed. “So I’ve been meaning to ask you how your first day of work went!” She cried. I could see the excitement in her eyes. I couldn’t dare tell her it was horrible. “It was great!” I lied. I really hoped she didn’t see through my phony lie because I was never good at it. My parents used to see through every single lie I told, which wasn’t many but still. “I’m so glad.” She said. Oh thank god. I thought to myself. “Did you meet any new friends?” I laughed at the question. It sounded like I was back in elementary trying to make friends. “Well my co-worker Katy is pretty cool.” I said taking another big bite of my pasta. “Katy! She’s my favourite!” My aunt cried. I loved how she knew everyone. It was nothing like back home, I didn’t even know 1 of my neighbours. “Danny’s pretty cute, hey?” My aunt asked. I spit out my pasta everywhere. My aunt had this look of sadness on her face. “He’s a total player auntie.” I said while grabbing my empty bowl and putting it into the sink. “Is not!” She said back. I laughed at her certainty. “He’s slept with every waitress that works there.” A look of horror spread across her face. “Really?!” She asked. Clearly having no clue what so ever about the matter. “Really.” Someone knocked on the sliding glass door separating the kitchen from the deck outside. My eyes darted to the door were I saw Katy. “Could you get that sweet?” I walked over and slid open the door. “Hey Katy, what are you doing here?” “Well since you’re new and all I thought I’d bring you down to the annual weekend bonfire and introduce you to some people. You in?” I knew I wouldn’t really fit in with the LA kids but I didn’t really care. I didn’t feel like telling my aunt every little detail about Danny’s playing ways. “Sure, I’d love to! But, how did you know I lived here?” I laughed. “Great, I’ll be back at 9 to pick you up and everyone knows where your aunt lives. She’s really well known around here.” I looked back into the kitchen to find my aunt but she was nowhere in sight. “See you at 9!” Katy said while walking off. “See you at 9!” I called after her.

“Wow there is a lot of people here” I said while walking to the main part of the beach. I realized once we got here I shouldn’t have worn such an expensive dress because I took three steps away from Katy’s car and someone had already spilled alcohol down the front of it. “I know.” Katy added. “Do you want a drink?” She asked. I was never that big of a drinker but I’m in LA. This is my new beginning. “I’d love one.” I yelled over the booming music. Katy pulled me through the crowd to a guy who was pouring drinks. “What would you like?” She asked. “Something fruity.” The guy serving the drinks was quiet cute but, nothing compared to Danny. God why was I thinking about Danny? The guy handed me a drink that smelt and tasted like strawberries. I took another sip. “Katy do any of our co-workers come here?” “Of course!” She cried. Then she scanned the crowd probably looking for someone to point out to me. “See look! There’s Danny.” I looked to where her finger was pointing and there he was. He was wearing a perfectly fitted V neck top with shorts. He was so cute. It didn’t surprise me that he was with another girl. “Wanna dance?” Katy cut off my thoughts. “I would love to!”

While Katy and I were dancing I felt and arm slip around my waist. For a brief second I gave into it until I turned around to see it was Danny. I pulled away and faced Katy again. Then I felt his fingers intertwine with my mine. “Can I talk to you for a second?” He whispered into my ear. I turned to face him again. “Sure.” Still grabbing my hand, he pulled me towards the end of the beach where no one was. When we were far enough away that no one could hear us he finally spoke up. “I really like you Kendall.” He stepped closer to me and I took a step back. “You’re so beautiful.” Another step forward, another step back. Soon I couldn’t take another step or I would be in the ocean.  He grabbed my face gently and planted a soft, sweet kiss on my lips. For a second I was enjoying myself but I quickly pulled away. I was nothing special to him, just another fling. I wasn’t falling for his trap. “Do you really think you could bring me out here and I would give into you like all the other girls?” I snapped. “It’s not like that Kendall, I—“I cut him off. “Save it. I know all about you and the waitresses at The Crab. I’m not like them and don’t mistake me to be like that.” I stormed off. I didn’t even bother to find Katy I just started walking. I didn’t know how to get back to the house but I knew I would find it eventually. I paid close attention on the way here in case I needed to get back on my own. Off I went into the dark streets of LA all by myself.