Chapter 18

Katy's POV

The rest of the afternoon was spent with John, my parents and I all in the backyard on the deck just talking. It wasn't awkward thankfully and everybody seemed to be getting along great. John's taking me out for dinner in just a few minutes, he's just in the bathroom. I wonder where he is taking me..you never know with him; he sometimes goes all out and does something super romantic or just takes me out for a simple dinner. Wherever we're going I'm sure it'll be great. Well I know that we're most likely going somewhere fancy because he gave me this red dress to wear that looks very elegant.

"You ready to go Kate?" I hear John ask wrapping his arms around my waist. He's wearing a really nice black and white tux.

"Yeah, you look handsome as always." I say as we walk out the door and he chuckles.

"Thank you. You look beautiful as well, I knew that dress would be perfect on you." We drive down this random road for a while that I've never come across before then John finally pulls up to this restaurant.

"Where even are we?" I ask as we get out. I notice that we must be on the outskirts of town since that the little restaurant is close to a lot of trees and bushland. But the restaurant looks really nice and quaint, it's super close to the water also.

"I don't know actually. I did a little research for some nice restaurants here and this one had the highest ratings." John says and grips my hand in his as we walk up to the entrance. We walk in and I scan my surroundings, there's a few people inside and everyone's talking quietly which is nice I guess. Some nice Italian music plays in the background, making the mood nice and relaxed.

"It's cute." I turn my head so I'm looking at John, and I smile. A waiter comes into view and walks over to us.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"I have a reservation under Mayer." John says politely.

"Oh yes, right over here. We've got you the table that you booked." He leads us over to this table for two and we both thank him before sitting down.

John's POV

Katy and I both sit down and I look up at her and smile. She smiles back cutely..seriously how can somebody be so perfect?

"So I was thinking about the baby before and I thought of another really cute name for a girl." I say and her blue/grey eyes light up when I say baby. I know she's so excited for this child and I don't blame her, I'm so excited to be a dad too. But what if they don't like me...?

"Really what is it?" She looks at me curiously, biting her lip.

"Mikayla." Her smile grows and I can tell that she likes the name.

"I don't like it." I give her a confused look and she giggles. "I love it! Seriously that name is perfect, I think that if we have a baby girl we should call her Mikayla." I smile, glad that she likes the name because I really wanted to..if it were to be a girl, call her Mikayla.

The same waiter walks back over to our table and hands us some menus. I scan it before asking Katy what she's going to get.

"Hmm I don't know... Maybe the bruschetta." I get hungry just at the thought. Once I've chosen what I want, I put then menu back down on the table. I look down at my hands and begin to fiddle with them nervously, I'm asking Katy the question today. Is she ready?

"What's up John?" She notices my nervousness and I look up.

"Oh nothing, just thinking about stuff." I reply and she brushes it off.

"Um John..I don't want to seem like the only one here...but are you nervous about the baby too?" She bites her lip anxiously and I reach my hands out for her rubbing them softly.