Final Chapter (21)

KATYS POV

I have been pregnant for nearly 40 weeks now and John and I are counting down the days until our baby's arrival. We both decided that we wanted to keep the gender a secret but I have a feeling of what gender it is...

A few weeks ago John and I came back from our small vacation in Santa Barbara back to the business of LA and our chaotic lives. As of today I'm finally starting my work leave and I can finally go through the gifts I got at my baby shower that I celebrated last week with close friends of mine.

John and I are so grateful for all of the gifts that we've been receiving for the baby and it has been a huge help for us as we we're both still busy with so many other things to organise, especially since John is still working. We decided together that he would keep on working in the studio until two weeks before the due date so that he could complete the last bits of his upcoming album.

After opening up all of the baby shower gifts I decided on calling Shannon so that she could come over and hang out.

I picked up my phone and dialled in her number, waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey!"

"Jesus Katy, why is your phone on 'no caller ID,' I thought someone important was calling me, but it's just you..." I smirked and shook my head.

"I needed to call someone and I didn't want them to save my number, I must've forgotten to put it back. And if that's what you think of me, I won't say what I was going to ask then, it might not be important enough for you to hear..."

"Fine I'll be good, I promise. Just tell me!" She whined and I sighed.

"Fine. I was calling to ask if you wanted to come over. I'm bored and lonely."

"That's it? Where's loverboy?" She asked, making me laugh.

"Johns working today until late. Can you just please come over?"

"Someone's desperate for some Shannon love, that's definitely a first. It must be the hormones." I rolled my eyes and smirked. "I'll be over in ten."

"Bye." I hung up and sighed, rubbing my stomach. I felt the baby kick hard and gritted my teeth, persuading myself for the millionth time that this is normal for a baby to kick so hard at this time.

While waiting for Shannon I made myself a cup of tea (I've been avoiding coffee for the baby's sake) and played with moose and just like Shannon promised, the doorbell rang around ten minutes later.

I opened up the door to a grumpy looking Shannon.

"What are you looking so angry for?" I asked with concern.

"Because that filthy dog your fiancé owns is inside and not where it belongs. Outside."

I rolled my eyes and pet moose.

"She's just jealous I love you more than her." I bent down and kissed his forehead and grinned up at Shannon.

"Actually, no. I just don't want fur all over my Michael Kors handbag." She quipped.

"Bitch." I muttered and got back up.

"So... How's everything with this baby shit?"

"The baby shit is good thanks, Shan. It's been kicking really hard today, I think it's going to happen soon."

"Oh!" She clasped her hand around her mouth and squealed, "how exciting! I'm going to be an aunt and you're going to be a mom!"

"I know... I'm so nervous, I don't even know what I'm going to do when I'm a mother, I'm so scared Shan. What if I'm a crap mom?" I said, my own words sinking in and making me worried even more.