Chapter 1

(JOHN'S POV)

I hate it. I hate my life at the moment. I just hate everything. Ever since she left exactly 6 months ago, I feel like I've gone completely insane. I know that she's afraid of falling in love with me because of her past relationships and I hate how that is so. She left me....... She was afraid of loosing my trust when she's on tour because we'd barely see each other and I totally get that, but what I don't get is that she's been on tour break for 3 months and she hasn't even caught up with me...... I sometimes wonder how she really feels about me, maybe her tour was just an excuse to break up with me...... Forever.

I slowly get up off my dark grey cotton couch and walk out of the lounge room and to my front door. I open it up and step outside onto my porch, the cold winter air making me shiver from head to toe. I shut the large dark wooden door behind me and head out onto my driveway and hop into my Range Rover. I decide to go to the supermarket to get some essentials, at least that will get my mind off of how much my life has failed.

Once I get there I go straight to the healthcare section and get a shaver, I need a new one. I pick the best one there and grab it almost too quickly and I drop it. Before I even think of picking it up, a young girl with long raven hair- I can't see her face yet, beats me to it.

"Thanks." I say as she gets up and hands me the shaver. My eyes go wide as I realise who I'm staring at, I look directly into her own piercing blue ones. She looks great, her hair is out and nice and long. She's just wearing casual clothes and white converse.

"Oh, hey John." Katy says, blushing slightly. I just nod, lost for words. "It's been awhile. Abo-". I cut her off.

"6 months. Exactly." I interrupt and I smile slightly, this is the first time I've smiled in weeks.

"Yep. So..... How are you?" She asks sweetly, it feels so good to hear her voice again. Nobody will know how much I've been longing to hear Katy's voice, ever since she broke up with me.

"Uh, I've been alright. I just haven't really been in the mood for anything, ever since you....." I sigh and look into her sorrowful eyes which are now filled up with tears.

"Maybe we should talk, do you wanna come back to my place?" She asks as she wipes her right eye with her white jumper.

"Sorry, I can't..... I'm meant to feed moose in the next hour or so." I say and she looks down at her shoes and puts a loose lock of her hair behind her ear. "But, you could come to my place, if you want?" I suggest and she looks up smiling softly.

"Great idea." She says quietly. "So do you wanna..... Um do the rest of our shopping together?" She asks shyly biting her lower lip, while blushing a light shade of pink. I smile at her and nod while thinking of how cute she is being right now.

"Sure." I chuckle as we keep on walking down the isle making small talk.

...

Once we've finished packing all of the things we've bought in the back of my car. I walk over to the passenger door of my car to open it for Katy.

"Thanks." She blushes while stepping in.

I walk over to my side and hop in too, starting the engine also. The drive is filled with complete silence, you could say it was awkward. It sounded silent but in my ears it felt like we were screaming at each other.

When we get into my house I turn on the kettle for Katy and myself.

"I'll be right back, I've just gotta feet moose." I inform her.

"Okay, see you soon!"

(KATY'S POV)

"Okay, see you soon!" I reply, still happy that he welcomed me into his house. I thought that if I ever came face to face with him again, he'd be furious with me and for what I've done. Well... He's not exactly happy but he's not exactly angry, I think we just really need to talk. John comes back five minutes later and I hand him a cup of coffee as I sip my own.