Chapter 22: Staying away from one another

Robyn's POV

"I love you" as he whispered in my ears, I went quiet for a few seconds and took a small step back to look at him. I could see his brown eyes glancing at me, he was just perfect I'd never thought I would get so close to him. I guess he was my best friend after all but I'm not sure if I wanted a relationship yet because his hurt me twice. I smiled at him and said 

"I-I-love y" 

"Honey! Where are you?" as my mum entered into the living room. GOSH! Why does she have to ruin the perfect moment when I was about to announce to Brooklyn that I love him!! 

She saw Brooklyn and grinned at me 

"Hi mum?" I said 

"Darling, I got you some new Calvin Klein's stuff" 

"Thanks I guess" I grinned

"So? You must be Brooklyn?" She said turning to Brooklyn, he shook her hand (how polite)

"Yes Miss Oakham, it's nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you too dear, I've heard a lot about you because of my little Robyn! Are you two dating?" She asked unexpectedly, how embarrassing!

"MUM! You can't just say that!" Giving her an angry tone

"No,no,it's fine and no we're not dating...unfortunately" Brooklyn said giving me a little tug and I could see my mum smirking at me 

"Oh sorry dear,I'll leave you two to it then I gotta put all my shopping away. See you and Robyn..."

"Yes mum?" I sighed

"PICK UP YOUR JACKET FROM THE FLOOR" She shouted and pointed at the floor

I nodded then picked up the jacket and I could see she gave Brooklyn a smile as she disappeared into the kitchen with a whole load of shopping after work.

I wanted to say I love you back to Brooklyn but now I don't think I could, maybe another minute to tell him?

Brooklyn's POV/

I wanted her to say I love you back, I felt so awkward! I wish I haven't had told her yet, I knew it wasn't the right time, I knew she was going to say I love you back until her mum came in. We're just sitting here on the couch and there's an awkward silence between us, oh Brooklyn! Why?

"Sorry about my mum" Robyn said moving a little closer to me

"No, it's fine I think she's just a little shocked to find me here" I said trying not to look at her

"Brooklyn..."

"Mmm..." I mumbled

"I-I'm sorry" she said quietly looking down 

"What are you sorry for? You haven't done anything wrong?" I questioned 

"I-It's just it's so hard for me to say that I love you which I do so much! Brooklyn you mean the world to me and I just don't know whether I should trust you because you've hurt me twice" 

What? so she loves me but she can't trust me? oh great! I have said sorry to her before and I didn't mean to hurt her. It's not my fault, girls are moving to me so fast. But Robyn's the only girl I want, I love her so much. I just don't want to loose her again because of a stupid mistake I've done.

"I'm sorry Robs, I didn't mean to hurt you, I love you so much, you mean the absolute world to me. I know were not together but I think it's best if me and you stay away from each other for a while so you can get space to think whether you love me or not." 

I stood up, I could see tears running down her beautiful face and I walked out of the door. I felt so bad I just knew she deserves someone better than me because I'm such a nob for hurting her. This is my way of punishing myself, I don't really know if I can stay away from Robyn. Why did I even say that to her? What was I thinking? I just left her sitting there and I could just tell tears was going to run down her rosy cheeks really fast. As I walked out of her door, I heard a slam and that was definitely Robyn. I just need to stop hurting her. As much as I love her I think it's best for me to stay away from Robyn for a few weeks or maybe months? 

(Hey guys! Sorry if I haven't been updating, I'm really busy with school! Urgh! & sorry for the long chapter, hope you guys liked it :) but hey! Thank you sooo much for the 917 reads! WHAT? AMAZING! Thank youu xx)