Imagine for Camille

A imagine about Jack, enjoy.

_______________________________________

The sun was setting down. People were out, taking a walk, minding their own business and then there was me. A mess. No literally, I was a mess. My mascara was smudged around my eyes and my body was shaking from frustration.

You may wonder what happened. Well, so do I. It all happened so fast... I was walking to my friend, no not just friend, best friend. Yeah, best friend. Anyway, I was walking over to Jack, just a few minutes away from my house, we had planned to hangout since he just got back from Ibiza.

And I felt like this was the right time, to tell him you know. I've known him for so long, but these last few years i've developed deeper feelings for him. I can honestly say that I love him, so so much. And as the stupid girl I am I thought he felt the same way. Oh, how wrong I was.

F L A S H B A C K

'Knock, knock'

I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to the door. My heart was racing, I haven't seen him in 2 months. What should I do? Should I hug him right away or what?

"Camille!" Jack said as he opened the door. His strong arms snaked around my waist and he picked me up in a tight hug.

"Hi Jack, nice to see you again." I said and placed my petite arms around his neck, holding him closer to me.

He eventually put me down, with that beautiful smile plastered on his face.

"I got you something." He said and nodded his head towards the hammock in his backyard. I followed him through his house, which was empty.

"Jack just tell me what it is!" I said and sat down next to him.

"You'll see soon." He said and looked at the sun, squinting his eyes due to the bright light.

Everything in this moment was perfect. Me and Jack alone on his hammock. Nothing can destroy this.

"Turn around." Jack said in his husky voice. I did as he said and turned my bak to him.

That was when I felt a cold chain against my chest. Oh no he didn't! He actually bought me a necklace! Jack quickly locked the necklace and I looked down at it. It was beautiful. It was a regular diamond, but shaped as a heart.

"Jack," I said and turned around to face him again. "This is beautiful." I said and smiled at him.

This is my moment, this is my chance! Maybe my only chance!

I leaned towards him and connected our lips to a perfe- wait, why isn't he kissing me back?

I slowly opened my eyes and leaned back, meeting a very confused Jack. His mouth was half opened and he just looked at me.

"I-I thought," I began but Jack quickly cut me off.

"Camille," He said and took my hands in his. I could feel my heart at the pit of my stomach, the shame came crawling at me and I was so confused.

"I love you." The words just slipped out from my mouth, this wasn't how I planned it! Jack looked even more confused.

I stared at him, waiting for an answer. I got nothing.

"Oh my god." I said and stood up, not daring to look at Jack. I was so humiliated.

"Camille, I love you too," I heard him say as he stood up next to me.

A little bit of hope grew, but soon faded away. "But only as a friend."

I could literally feel my heart getting smashed into a million of pieces. The tears came strolling down my face. But all the signs, the necklace, his late night calls, him getting slightly nervous when i'm around, even if we've known each other for years. All this time, I was living in a fake dream, I literally lived in a lie, always thinking that he felt the same way.

But no. I was so wrong.

"B-but all this time, I-I thought you were feeling the same way." I stuttered out. Jack slowly backed away further from me.

"I don't know what to say." His only words were. It felt like he was slowly walking out of my life, even if he was just a meter away from me.

"Look Camille, I really care for you and all. But, if you're really in love with me, I don't think we can be friends anymore." Jack said and sighed.

"No, we can't just stop being friends! I'm not whole without you Jack!" I cried out.

"Camille, just listen to me!" Jack said. I immediately shut my mouth, waiting for him to continue.

"You have feelings for me, damn, you even said you loved me! And that's big. I can't stand the fact of seeing you, everyday, knowing that you love me and I will never feel that way about you. It would hurt too much." Jack finished, he took a deep breath and continued.

"And most of all, it would hurt you."

I was paralysed. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I'm not sure if I was even breathing.

"Camille, please, say something." Jack pleaded.

"Fine. We'll stop being friends." I said with a blank look on my face. Jack looked relieved, like he was happy that we were never going to be friends anymore.

I began to walk away from him in a fast pace. I could hear him yelling my name as I began to run. I ran down the street, frustration and sadness running through my whole body.

I soon stopped at a park and sat down at a tree, letting the salty river of tears and pain out. How could I be so blind? And how could he say that we should stop being friends? I'd rather be neglected and have him as my friend than this...

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

And here I am. It's starting to get cold and I haven't heard a word from Jack. He probably doesn't care.

I took the diamond heart in between my fingers and whispered to myself, 'I still love you, Jack.'