Imagine for Melanie

An imagine based on the song 'Blame it on the rain' by He Is We about Luke Brooks.

{Inbox me if you want an imagine!}

Enjoy!

____________________________________

I scrolled down my twitter feed, looking at every second tweet. To be honest, I didn't pay any attention to what people were saying. Then I saw that someone had posted a gif. And of course I had to click it.

It was a gif of Luke from one of their challenges, he winked at the camera and pointed his fingers at the camera. I could feel how my heart skipped a beat and a big smile spread across my face, he's adorable.

It's safe to say that I have a huge crush on Luke, the worst part is that he has a girlfriend... and i'm one of his closest friends. I've been on his side since the beginning of Janoskians, when practically all of his other friends left I stood steady beside his side.

It broke my heart when I found out that he had a girlfriend. I had lived on the hope of him liking me too but that wasn't the case, he loved Cara. And they've dated for quite a while now, 3 or 4 months? Yeah, so I have been a mess for that long. Is that crazy? Am I crazy?

"Mel!" I heard my mum call for me downstairs.

"What is it?" I answered her, and of course I got no response. I sighed and walked down, why does she always do that? And what is so important?

I jumped over the last two steps of the stairs and saw Luke talking to my mum in the hallway. It's funny how good they get along, I sometimes think that he comes over just to hangout with my mum, weird right?

"Hey Mel," Luke said as I approached them. He embraced me in a hug and our cheeks brushed lightly, sending shivers down my spine.

"Hi Luke, what brings you here?" I asked as he let go of me.

"Nothing special, I just wanted to hangout. We haven't seen each other for a while." Luke said and slid his hands in his pockets.

"Fair enough," I said and gestured Luke to follow me. "We can chill upstairs."

"I'll go to the mall, see you later!" My mum said as me and Luke walked up the stairs. I waved my hand to her, not bothering to look back.

I entered my room with Luke close behind. I haven't seen him in almost a week so seeing him again send me off the edge and the thoughts in my mind were all over the place. He have been too busy hanging out with Cara to even call or text me.

"So, how's things with Cara?" I asked and sat down on my bed while Luke sat down in my desk chair. A smile spread across his face when he heard Cara's name.

"Thing's great actually." My heart sank and I faked a smile towards him. Even if I like him like crazy I just want him to be happy, and if he's happy with Cara that's great... so so great...

Cara is that snobby girl in school that everybody hates, people only like her for her looks. And I don't think that it's a coincidence that she started to date Luke when he's on the peak of his career. Cara can have anyone, and she knows it. Luke is just another guy for her but for him Cara is his first real girlfriend. It breaks my heart to know that, that i'm not that girl for him...

"Luke, why are you so blind?" I asked, my mind had taken over.

Luke gave me a puzzled look. "What do you mean?" He chuckled.

"She's using you, Luke. She's using you for attention!" I said and stood up from my bed, oh how i've been dying to finally say that.

"So what?" Luke shrugged his shoulders. Wait, WHAT? That wasn't the response I waited for.

"So what? SO WHAT? YOU DON'T CARE THAT SHE IS PRACTICALLY USING YOU FOR ATTENTION FROM OTHERS?!" I yelled, pretty pissed.

Luke stood up from the chair and looked at me. "Mel, why do you care? I thought that you were happy for me?"

I sighed and looked away for a brief moment, this wasn't how he would find out.

"Because I care for you Luke," I began. "I've had enough of this. My heart breaks at the thought of her holding you, the thought that I can't have you, because some dumb bimbo have you wrapped around her finger!" I shed a tear at the last words.

"Mel, you--"

"I like you, a lot actually. I've liked you for a long time now but my shyness took the best of me and I didn't have the courage to tell you." I said and Luke embraced me in a tight hug.

"You're right Mel. I've been so blind." Luke whispered. "I've noticed the way you look at me, and to be honest, not even Cara look at me like that." Luke said in attempt to make me laugh, and it worked. A little.

"I'm sorry Melanie. I'm sorry for not listening to you. And i'm angry at myself for not telling you earlier." I looked up at Luke with a 'what-do-you-mean?'-look plastered on my face.

Luke brushed his lips against mine before connecting them with each other. He gave me one of the best kisses ever, it was gentle and I felt like the whole room were glowing.

"I like you, too." He said as our lips leaved each other.

"Do you really mean that?" I asked with a low voice. Luke placed his forehead against mine and nodded.