One

Cody's POV

I walked down the hall and to the reception area. Today Kacey, the girl I have helped cared for for three years, will be leaving the asylum. I'm so proud of how far she has come in her recovery.

I reached the reception and smiled as I saw her sitting with her parents getting ready to leave.

"Hey Cody." She smiled speaking all cheery.

"How are you Kacey?" I asked taking a seat next to her.

"I'm amazing I can't believe I'm aloud to go home." She smiled

One of the other doctors called her name and she stood up with her parents.

"I'm proud of you." I hugged her before she walked off to one of the other doctor.

I walked off to my office and gathered my belongings ready to leave. I pulled on my jacket and let my bag hang on my arm as I locked the door. Walking back to reception, I scanned my card signing me out and got into my car going home.

I've worked in wickworth mental hospital for the criminally insane for the past five months. I do the basic health nurse jobs along with Alyssa who is actually head nurse. I make beds, take food, help with any injuries the patients give themselves or each other and also supervise their lunch hours. Some people find it terrifying to work with criminals that have less than 13% sanity but I find it fascinating you can find out what runs through their brain when they commit the crimes they do. Also it's amazing to watch them grow as people when we return their sanity.

When I had just walked into my apartment I hear the phone ring. I walked to it answering and soon realising it was my boss Ms.Demial, honestly she terrifies me.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Cody?"

"Yeah?"

"Tomorrow I want to see you in my office to run over things."

"Things?"

"We will discuss it tomorrow"

"Okay, thank you. Bye."

I hung up the phone and went to my room. I changed out of the awful hospital uniform and into a loose white shirt with some blue jeans. I picked up my phone and headed back out.

Tonight I'm meeting my friend, Kendall, for coffee.

When I arrived at the small cafe I saw her sitting around a small table. I walked to the cashier and ordered my drink before I took a seat at the table and we started a conversation as we waited for my coffee.