Chapter Sixteen

•Kareem•

My secret life is slowly coming out and it seems like people look at me differently but do I care? Hell No! You don't have to like what I do on the side but its all you.

"Mr Michaels a Miss Jones is here for you shall I let her in?" my assistant asked peeking in through the door, I nod my head and look at the door as Zizi walked in pushing a stroller with my twin baby boys. I get up and help her with the diaper bags and her purse.

I sat them on my desk and pick up Carter "wassup lil man" and he showed off a toothless smile and Zi helped me carry Dewayne "how it do?" I asked him and he just stared at me. I chuckle at how he was looking at me.

I put on the floor since they can sit on their own and Dewayne has almost started to crawl whereas Carter had that 'fuck crawling I'ma walk soon' attitude so he grabs anything he can find that can help him stand up.

I took out my IPhone 6 and took pictures of them playing around and then started taking a video when Carter started to grab on the side of a chair and stood up, gaining his balance he took the first step "look at mommy's baby" Zi coed as she held out her hands for Carter to walk into and he took the second step up until he wobbled into Zi's arms and she was cheesing hella hard "Yay you did it and on your own" she kept pinching his chubby cheek and I saw Dewayne smiled and he did the same thing as Carter but he held onto my leg and took his first steps "Zi are you crying?" I looked at her taking a video of Dee walking around in my office, putting Carter down to join Dee she wiped her tears "yes mommy's munchkins took their first steps and actually walked" she wiped her tears.

•Mya Grey•

About damn time y'all acknowledged me but anyway I am stuck here in a café with Lai'shonda or whatever her fucking name is talking about how fine my brother is and how he got bank and how he work in bed 'bitch sit your ghetto ass down somewhere'

"So you know how I likes that Brazilian weave and ooh girl did he work me out last night" I just nod and took out my phone "Mya are you even listening?" she asked staring at me. I got a call from Zizi

Me- hello

ZiBear- Mya can you please get to the hospital its urgent

Me- what happened?
I pack my things listening to Zi sobbing into the phone

ZiBear- its Kareem... he was shot and doctors don't think he is gonna make it

Me- I'll be there in five minutes

I hang up the phone to see Lai flirting with the waiter "we got to get to the hospital" I interrupt their conversation "why?" Lai asked with attitude "my brother is in the fucking hospital fighting for his life!" I snapped "he chose that life so if he dies its not my problem anymore" she shrugged, I walk over to her side "if you had anything to do with this shooting bitch you better make sure Mya fucking Grey don't find your ass anywhere that's on my brothers life" I warn her "don't take it as a threat because its a promise and oh thanks for lunch" I walked out the café and speed walk to my car and race to the hospital.

"I'm here for Kareem Michaels" I asked the receptionist, typing on her computer "third floor, room number 274" I run to the open elevator and impatiently wait for it to get to the third floor. I get off and see Zi crying in the corner while Jonathan was pacing up and down "how is he?" Zi looked up and slid down onto the hospital floor "its all my fault Mya I should be in there with him right now" she cried hitting in the wall.

"Family of Kareem Michaels" the doctor said as he came out of the ICU "how is he?" I asked since Zi hadn't stood up from the corner "we managed to get the bullets out except for one near his spine" tears had made their way down my cheeks "can we see him?" he cleared his throat "you can see him but he slipped into a coma during the operation" Zi started screaming and beating on the wall "I FUCKING HATE MYSELF!" I rush to her side to try and comfort her but she just snatched herself away from me and followed behind the doctor.