22

"No way"

Skylar felt Thomas's grip on her as she dug her face on her knees.

Her palms were getting sweaty this time. And there was a cold feeling inside her. She felt she was caught red handed on a crime scene.

Thomas tried to take a look of her face but she kept on hiding it.

"Thomas step away, she might hurt you." Minho suddenly spoke.

I never would. "No she won't" Thomas answered with calmness in his voice. She heard him step back a few good steps.

"Her name is Skylar and she used to be one of our bestbuds before this whole trials thing started. I can still remember her. And I'm not mistaken, that it's really her."
She rose her head and peeked on them. Thomas was talking to Minho about her and Jorge wasn't doing anything. Nor was listening. While Brenda darted her eyes on her. Emotionlessly.

It was too late to notice that her head was fully up. And everyone could see her face.

Thomas turned to her once more and knelt to the ground to talk to her. "Skylar it's me Thomas"

Thomas. I bloody know you. Instead of saying that, she said nothing. No words were coming out of her mouth.

"What are you doing here?" He squeezed both of her shoulders. Then he seemed to have a deep thought to himself. Whoa he's being serious now.

After a few seconds, his eyes met hers again. "As far as I remember, you're immune right? So why are you he-

She looked at him dead on the eye. Of all people, I know you're one of the very few that'll get my reason by just staring at me.

That's when Thomas face fell. He understanded her. He seems to be hesitant to speak, but no words came out of him.

"I'm gonna ask you the same thing." He stood up and gave her his hand. Which she took. "Are you coming with us?"

"What?!" Minho joined in. "Are you shank carzy? Do you really want to take home an unknown psychopath?"

Minho. I miss you. She assured herself that he didn't mean it to her. He just doesn't remember and I'm all dressed up like this.

"First of all she's not unknown." Thomas defended. "And she's now a psychopath. Infact she's immune."

"Then what is she doing here?" He raised his eyebrow.

"You would call me psychopath even more if I told you." Finally, she spoke. "I'm here for your friend. He's one good shank that I could never let go."

Go with them. A side of her was saying that and another was, Don't leave him. She felt relatively torn at this. But she knew what to answer.

"And I'm not coming with you guys." It almost came out like a whisper.

"Skylar" Brenda broke her own silence. "I miss you, you dumb shank. " It was almost as if she was going to cry.

Skylar was about to reply when Jorge joined in. "What? No way? You don't actually mean that you're giving up your chance of living just to be with him?"

"Call me crazy, but I am. I have a promise" A smile crept on her face. "You guys have a long adventure ahead. I miss each one of you. To be honest, I just want to sit around and talk about the good times. So go now!"

Her pep talk didn't work. Especially for Thomas. "We're not leaving with out you"

"Haven't you heard what she just sai-" Minho hadn't finish his sentence, when the two guards ran passed them.