47

She was the only thing I had left. Newt pulled out from her lips as she held her lifeless body inside his hands.

He paused for a moment. Taking everything in deeper. Feeling rather numb to the pain. She's gone. Then feeling everything all up at once.

Range was boiling up inside of him at some point inside his mind. He laid Skylar down and stood up. Clenching his fists and searching for that one car.

It spun around a few feet behind him. It's engine thundering around the area. Catching Newt's attention.

He was at the point of breaking down and mourn. But also the flare was mincing inside his head. Making hatred and bitterness filtered up his spine.

The range inside if him filled up when he saw the person behind those dirty and busted windshield. With all the dirt flying around as it stopped on its tracks.

Weasel. He wanted to hit everything until he gets to the car. Tear the whole thing down brick by brick. Have the man's blood tattooed on the pavement.

He looked a rat. A literal rat. If you would include his size also. WHAT'S WRONG WITH 'EM? I'M DONE WITH THE MAZE AND SCORCH AND ALL THEIR DATA GATHERIN'. WHAT ELSE DO THEY BLOODY NEED? SHE'S GONE! EVERYTHING THAT I'VE EVER HELD ON IS GONE.

His head was throbbing hard. He squinted his eyes a few times before pulling in to sanity. While sliding on the grip.

The mini Ratman stared back at him. Forming an ugly grin across his face. Intimidating him somehow.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM JANSON? GET OUT OF MY BLOODY HEAD!

He let out a huge scream and was consumed the madness infront of him.

The world turn black for a few seconds. He can only feel his head throbbing, and his emotions collapsing.

Next thing, he was on top of the car as it spun around the highway. He gripped on the side mirrors to hold on the car as it swung from left to right.

He managed to pluck on out of its attachment. There was a war inside his head. And his heart beating in an extreme pace.

I can't hold on anymore. He watched himself as the flare slammed the side mirror on his hand towards the windshield.

The glass crackling and shattering into hundreds of tiny fractals.

Then grabbing the mini Ratman on his heart, as he squirmed like an old weasel.  Then throwing him off the edge of the car as it run around him. Crushing his bones under the weighty wheels. Hearing nothing more than screams.

Newt jumped of down the car. As it goes on causing a riot around the street. Without its pilot. It slammed on the wall then berserks back at the city of Denver.

Sooner, Mini Ratman's screams had stopped. The old small weasel was finally dead.  His body all battered down the edge of the road.

It calmed the whole a highway a little. Also his inner self. Who was loosing his grip on his final hold of sanity.

Whenever he slips he took another weak grip. Giving out all his efforts to hold on.

He weakly stood up from his fall. The feeling of his knees collapsing down, was not good. But he managed to carry himself up.

"She's gone" He stared back at his friend who was ten feet infront of him.

The tears were there flowing down his cheek as he clenches his fists again. Staring at nothing more than his pal, Tommy. While his inner being and emotions crumbling down along with the maze walls which he wrote his legacy.

"Tommy..." No words came out from him nor what the flare has in stored. He dropped his head. Staring down the road. Watching the stillness on the floor. As the world goes in complete chaos. I'm done.

A sound from the white van hovered out. There was a guy inside. As far as he was concerned, he seems to be yelling to Thomas to come back.

But he nodded and raised his hand as a response.

"Newt." His friend was searching for words. "I'm so sorry."

He didn't answer.

"But Newt." Thomas took a step closer. Opening his arms. "It might feel like you've lost everything. But you haven't." Then what? What do I have left? The Flare? And this klunked up world?

"You still have us. Me, Brenda, Jorge, and Minho. We're still here and we're still fighting." He started to plead. "Newt I know you're still in there and I know that you can hear me. Please coma back to us. We're still here."

Newt was shaking. His head throbbing while his whole system was vibrating. He can't clear up his mind. He can't process anything inside his head.

He took another grip of himself and tried to fight back the madness. Tommy I'm so sorry. I really am. But Tommy I really need to go. That's the only way this mess would end. And I would finally be with her again. I'm so sorry. I don't want to cause you anymore bloody trouble. Please forgive me for whatever I'll do and say. Thank you for being my friend.

Madness found away to enter inside of him once more. He shot his head forward at Thomas and clenched his arms. Forgive me.

He growled and sprinted with his limp forward Thomas. Tackling him down on the floor.

The gun was a feet away from him. So he reached for it and forced Thomas' hand to held it up.

He was fighting to break loose but Newt knew that he was stronger than Thomas.

"It's all your fault Tommy! It's all your bloody fault! This wouldn't have  happened because of you!" He spat out the words.

"Make amends! Repent for what you did!" The words shot out from him. He couldn't control himself anymore. As he stared down to his friend's terrified eyes. "Kill me, you shuck coward. Prove you can do the right thing. Put me out of my misery!"

His words horrified Thomas. "Newt maybe we can-"

"Shut up! Just shut up! I trusted you! Now do it!" Please.

"I can't ." Thomas' hand was shaking on the trigger.

"Do it!"

"I can't!" Newt knew he just couldn't. But he also knew that he has too.

"Kill me or I'll kill you!" I could never. "Kill me! Do it!"

"Newt..."

The madness was holding on his last piece of sanity. A few more seconds and he'll go completely lost.

"Do it before I become one of them!"

"I. . ."

"KILL ME!" And then Newt's eyes had cleared, he had gained one last trembling gasp of sanity. He finally had softened his voice.

"Please, Tommy Please."

With both of their hearts falling into a black abyss, Thomas pulled the trigger.

-----------------------

©macaronilove