Part Two: Chapter Eight- FIFA Ballon D'Or

Neymar's POV

I step out of the limo and hold my hand out to June. She steps out, and I'm once again blown away by how amazing she looks. She's in a beautiful cream coloured ball gown. Her hair is back in an elegant updo. Her makeup is slight and unnoticeable except for the bright red lip. I wrap my arm protectively around her waist as we walk onto the red carpet. People call for us to pose and take pictures. I hold onto June tightly. I've become overly protective of her since finding out that she's pregnant. I don't want the paparazzi harassing her too much.We stop and pose for some pictures in one spot before continuing down the carpet. June pulls away as she sees someone. I watch her carefully as she goes over and hugs another woman.

"Wazza! Coleen!" June squeals rushing over as quickly as she can.

"June! You look fantastic!" Coleen smiles hugging my fiancee, and I recognise the Rooneys.

"Thank you! So do you," June kisses Coleen's cheek.

"You're very sweet."

"Oh and congratulations on the engagement," Wayne smiles as I rejoin June.

"Thank you. We're very happy," I kiss June's cheek.

"Let's see the ring!" Coleen grins, and June shows her her left hand, "Oh June! It's beautiful! Good pick, Neymar."

"Thank you," June blushes.

"Thank you. I couldn't imagine a prettier ring on her hand."

"Wazza!" Geri grins walking over.

"Geri," Wayne smiles.

"How are you? Hello, Coleen," my teammate kisses Coleen's cheek.

"I'm well thank you. How is Shak? Ready to pop?"

"Oh yeah. Her hormones are all over the place," Geri laughs.

"It's gotten worse since she's just at the very end."

"So much to look forward to," I joke.

"June? Are you?" Coleen asks.

"Yeah," June nods blushing.

"Oh wow!" Congrats!" Coleen pulls her in for a tight hug.

"Congrats, Neymar," Wayne shakes my hand before hugging June.

"When?" Coleen looks at June.

"Around the time of our engagement," I kiss her cheek.

"Of course," Coleen laughs making June blush.

"Oh, but you've been doing so well this season," Wayne looks at June.

"All that matters is keeping baby Santos safe. If that means I don't play, then I don't play," June shrugs.

"Shall we head inside?" I ask.

Everyone nods, and we continue walking the red carpet to the inside of the venue. I keep my arm around June in a protective manor. We stop along the way to take pictures and sign autographs. We run into Leo and Toni and join them. I see Cristiano and his son and wave. We make our way to our seats and sit down. June crosses her legs and leans into my chest. I'm thrilled to be here. I take a couple pictures of us together and kiss her cheek.

"How are you feeling?"

"Excited," June grins.

"No, I mean are you feeling better?"

"Oh. Yeah, I'm much better."

"Good," I kiss her cheek.

June had a nasty bout of morning sickness a few hours before we were set to fly out. She still came though I told her it was fine if she didn't come. June insisted that she would be alright and slept on the plane ride here. When we landed, she did look a bit pale, but she took another nap before getting ready. After that, she was fine.

I lean over and kiss her as she leans over the edge of the seat to talk to Anto. I'm rewarded with a large smile. I hold her hand as she talks.
_______________________________

I'm disappointed not have been part of the XI of the year, but I'm okay with it because I'm young and have time to win lots of awards.

"Shall we go back to the hotel?" June asks looking tired.

"Of course, meu amour," I kiss her cheek as we make our way back to the limo

"I love you, Neymar," she smiles as we relax in the back seat.

"I love you too," I press a kiss to her cheek.