Decision - You Try To Hide

Warning: This chapter is affected by one of your other decisions!

After a few second thinking you choose the left way, because you know exactly that they are many rooms to hide. The heavy steps behind you won't stop following you even through the darkness. The psycho has to see less than you, because of his mask.

As quiet and sneaky as possible you enter one of the rooms and kneel behind a big stack of boxes. The darkness should you hide very well, but there is still a chance that the psycho finds your hiding place. Your heart tries to jump out of your chest. Softly you press your hand against your mouth and nose so the man can't hear your heavily breaths.

Just in time he makes a step into the room and looks around to find you. There is a small gap between the boxes to look through. You shouldn't risk it, but you have to know what the psycho is doing. Carefully you watch him as he picks something up from the ground.

In the first moment you can't recognize the thing in his gloved hand. "So you are in this room", the man says with his creepy voice. A bit desperate you search through your trouser pockets. The bad thing is you can't find the picture you took from Hannah's room, while you were snooping around. In the middle of all the action you didn't even notice that you lost the loved picture. Shocked you press your lips into a thin line.

There is no way the psycho couldn't find you in this room. Was is it the wrong decision to hide in this room? Your heartbeat doubles, when you hear the heavy steps from his boots walking around. Scared to death you close your eyes for a brief moment. You won't think about what will happen if this guy gets you.

Suddenly the psycho walks past by you, but stops in his movement. Your free hand you press against your chest, because you are sure he already can hear your fast heartbeat. Slowly he turns his head into your direction. You are sure this is the moment where the man grabs your arms and drags you out of the room. It's hard to force your own body to remain still. You can feel his emotionless eyes are staring at you, but he doesn't move an inch.

To your surprise he drops the picture and you watch how it falls to the ground. It seems like the psycho nods slightly before he turns around and leaves the room with heavy steps. For the next few moments you just stare at the wall and take deep breaths. That was a hell of intense situation. "What the fuck happened? There is no way he could have not seen me", you mumble to yourself surprised and confused at the same time.

A sigh of relief escapes your mouth as you pick up the picture from the ground. With shaky hands you put it back into your pocket. Carefully you make a few steps to the door of the room. The psycho is really gone so it's not a trick to reveal your hiding spot. You are still thinking that he has seen you, but just didn't make a move to catch you. What the hell stopped him?

A little detail from the psycho seems familiar, but you can't wrap your head around it. Sighing you turn on the flashlight, while you step out of the room. Still a bit paranoid you look into both directions. There is nothing just darkness which makes the basement of the lodge more creepy. You wouldn't go back to the way, where you have come from a few minutes ago. What if the psycho is waiting there for you?

The uneasy feeling gets stronger with every step you take into the other direction. It's like something bad is waiting there for you as well. You know the lodge for years and entered all of the rooms, but this part of the basement doesn't trigger your memory. Interested you open the one of the doors. "This is like a fucking maze!", you exclaim mumbling, when you see another two doors and a dark hallway.

Still careful you open enter the left room and close the door behind you just for safety. You can't hear a single noise from the house neither from a person, which is a bit unusual. The silence is really uncomfortable, but you continue your search through the room. The beam of your flashlight shows you something between a few boxes.

With ease you push them aside so you are looking at a memorial plaque for Hannah and Beth. At least that's what you think it is. "Oh my god. What the hell?", you mumble shocked. "Never forget", says the little yellow note between the pictures of the twins. Someone collected private things from them like prices, bracelets and pictures to pin them on a board.

Suddenly you feel more than freaking out. This whole situation doesn't make any sense for you. Tears appear in your eyes as a terrible idea pops into your head. Slowly you shake your head, because you won't believe who is the psycho. "That can't be true. Don't be paranoid", you talk to yourself to cover up your feelings even if you are all alone in the room.

A bit desperate you turn around to search for more clues, hints, evidences - just something that shows you that you are wrong with your speculation. You can't find something interesting in the dusty shelves. The funny thing is that you are not sure if you are disappointed or relived because of this fact.

You turn the lonely table in the corner of the room. The first drawer reveals nothing but air and dust. Your heart tries to jump out of your chest again. There is a feeling in your stomach that you would find something you should better not see. The second drawer contains a file. Maybe this is the truth you are searching for...