Decision - You Distract The Wendigo

Sorry, if the chapter sucks :/

"Hey! Get your dirty hands away!", you yell at the wendigo and take slowly a few steps back. The creature looks at you with its dull eyes, then it screams with its pitched voice. "Mike! Take Josh back to the lodge! I got this", you have noticed Mike hiding behind a big stone. Of course you don't feel well to give your best and probably last friend into his hands, but you have no other choice.

"Come on, Hannah. Let's play a game!", it doesn't help either that the wendigo was one of your best friends a year ago. The creature gives you all its attention, while Mike comes a bit closer to get Josh away. "No, don't leave me behind", he mumbles apparently losing the connection to the reality again. Hannah turns her head slowly to look at her brother.

"Hey! I'm still here. Come and get me", you clap your hands together to distract her. Josh still rumbles random words and draws the attention from the wendigo on him. He and Mike will get killed if you don't do something else than yelling. Without thinking you make your way back to the cave where you came from a few moments ago.

The creepy creatures notices your movement and starts following you, which means that your friends are safe for now. In the last moment you get out of the dark water before the claws from the monster can tear you apart. "Shit, shit, shit", you mumble the one word over and over again, while you run without a light through the darkness.

To your surprise you are a little bit faster than the wendigo. As fast as you can you press yourself against the wall, after you entered the part of the mines where you woke up. You put one hand over your mouth to suppress your heavily breaths, while your heart tries to jump out of your chest.

The creature stops in its movements confused where you are suddenly. It turns its head desperately around to find you. The dull eyes find you hiding in the darkness. It's like the eyes are staring into your soul and deeper. The monster comes closer slowly to you even if you are still not moving. With every step it takes your heartbeat doubles.

The wendigo leans forward so your faces are just a few inches apart. You try to force your body to remain still. To be honest the dull eyes staring at you sends shivers down your spine. Maybe it's just the adrenaline that pumps through your veins, but you think that you see something familiar in these eyes. Something that you haven't seen for a long year.

"Hannah?", you ask whispering not quite sure if this was a good idea. The creature tilts its head a little bit like a dog. Is she understanding you? Is there still a part from Hannah in this body? Unfortunately the thing you have seen is gone before you can say something. The monster wraps its claws around your waist just to throw you through the whole cave. The impact with the ground is painful, but not life threatening.

"Oh my god. I definitely deserve that, Hannah. I could have saved you, but I followed the rules. Never get into the territory from another wendigo hunter", you exclaim between your breaths. The pain won't fade away as the creature comes closer to you. It tilts its head again, but this time it looks she wants to say sorry. You stare at the dull eyes for a brief moment before the wendigo turns around and leaves you alone.

"No, please. There is still a bit of Hannah in this body. How I'm supposed to kill her?", you ask yourself and run your fingers through your hair. Unfortunately no one can give you an answer for your question. Slowly you sit up and get back onto your feet. You are sure that one of your rips is broken, but you don't have time for pain. It just slows you down. Your friends are still in danger.

It's hard to see in the darkness, but you are sure there is something lying on the ground by the passage where you noticed the dead body of your uncle. The wendigo could have knocked it from the ceiling, when it chased you. "The flamethrower", that's a really good argument to investigate the body. A sigh escapes your mouth. Some things are terrible, but have to be done like this. At least his head is gone so you don't have to look into his terrified face.

Carefully you search through the jacket pockets for something useful like a weapon. "Hell! Yeah!", you look at the revolver in your hand. It doesn't kill a wendigos, but it's still helpful. The uneasy feeling in your stomach fades slowly away and you feel a bit more safe. Unfortunately you can't find a flashlight so you still have to deal with the darkness around you.

The worst thing is to get the flamethrower from the dead body. You are used to see wenidgos and other terrible things, but it feels like you desecrate your uncle. Without looking at the lifeless body you get the flamethrower, then you make your way back. The only way out is to climb up the wall. It's not going to be the easiest thing with the heavy flamethrower on your back, but you would probably get lost in the mines and you can't waste more time.

Your hands are cold from the remaining adrenaline in your veins. At least they are matching to the frozen wall in front of you. The thought that your friends need your help in this moment gives you the power you need to climb from one stone to another one till you are on the top of the wall. A sigh of relief escapes your mouth, when you see the snowy woods. "Wow, I'm badass...", you say slightly smiling to yourself, ".. and now I'm going to hunt some wendigos." With the flamethrower on your back you are prepared for the creepy creatures...